Smart meters?

Still absolutely no benefit to me.

I still can’t be arsed with it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Were those rumours that crooks could check your real-time usage patterns to confirm that you were out of the house or away on holiday before they ‘paid a visit’ ever scotched ?

It was also suggested that the new meters could allow the suppliers to disconnect customers who were in arrears without gaining entry to the property. Not that any supplier would ever be so hard-hearted. Would they.

VB

1 Like

My daughter has a smartmeter in her new place. The meter doesn’t “talk” to her supplier and repeatedly cuts off her supply at unpredictable intervals. The supplier cannot diagnose a problem and can’t send an engineer to sort this out for 6 weeks. I see no discernible benefit to the consumer as yet and only potential difficulties. I am firmly in the “meh” camp.

For the last 12 months, have had numerous cards, letters and emails saying I have to book now to get a smart meter.

Eventually I gave in and rang them, only to be told they don’t fit them in your area.

giphy (10)

5 Likes

I had smart meters installed in July. The In Home Display Unit has never worked. I am now awaiting a second replacement unit. The gas meter stopped talking to my supplier in September so now I have to submit monthly readings. The only benefit has been the £150 compensation that my supplier offered after I complained to the Ombudsman.

3 Likes