Smart shoes aka Dr Cunties Cunty shoe emporium

Obviously, I’ve asked if there’s a review sample.

1 Like

Neat idea of sticking your records on the wall!

Yes- particularly all those tainted MoFi pressings :+1:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Winter attire from the bargain bucket end of adidas outlet

5 Likes

Ass kicking toe cap is a nice touch but for warmth and colourway why not just stuff your feet in a couple of these?

3 Likes

Japanman striving for excellence here.

Watching this (Honestly please watch it) is a masterclass in boot making. As ever Japanman goes the extra mile (Here he shoots a his own boar for the hide)
Hand crafting (Not even a bench polisher in sight) displays so many processes each of which are quite fascinating. The pattern making made me think of @Wayward , the various sharp cutting tools brought @BobC to mind. The finished boot isn’t really something I’d wear but I marvel at the skill and detail that has gone into them…a nice calming watch.

9 Likes

Just lovely

And I would defo wear them

1 Like

Incredible skills and the videography isn’t too shabby either.

1 Like

Fantastic
Love watching stuff like this

Isn’t it, the focus involved is quite beautiful.

Absolutely, so well shot, considered and edited.

Completely agree, this one is almost a meditation.

I want to see what they have in the freezer too

Seeing the boar in a leg-snare wasn’t the best start, but hey: Japan.

The rest of it - thank-you, I’ve really had my eyes opened as to what real boot-making is. Before that I’d assumed the uppers were the really skilled part - for no better reason than that’s the bit you notice.

Unforgivably-vulgar and “If-you-need-to-ask…”, but any notion what these sell for? Well beyond what I could afford, and that awful pointy-toed style that Japanman has been stuck on for the last 70 years can go-away in a fornicatory manner, but still… :star_struck:

It’s also made me realise how mundane and simplified a lot expensive boots sold in the UK are. Is there anyone left in the UK working to this standard?

I would like to learn some basic leather-working skills, and this has refreshed that urge.

PS.

The one used the most for shaping, shaving and cutting is called (in ingrish) a ‘sciver’ or ‘skiver’, a fact I enjoy rather more than is justified.

2 Likes

Dunno about the UK but Vass are hand made VASS SHOES – Fully handcrafted shoes for gentlemen (vass-shoes.com)

1 Like

Yes, they look lovely - always fancied going full ‘double-monk’, but they are roughly 33.33% as wide as my Fens-friendly flippers, sadly.

My William Lennon’s were worth the wait, albeit getting a bit small now - my feet have gone up a full size in the last 7 years!

Best just visit and have some made to measure :rofl:

I have a pair of the Budapests. Quite something they are.

1 Like

Wonder what “Anatomical-freak” is in Hungarian?!

Hmmm… I do love Budapest, as does Sam… “Sam, we’re having a week in Budapest - yeah, so I can get a pair of shoes made…”.

By now, she’s used to this shit to be fair to her.

…that’ll be the webbing growing between your toes splaying them out…

2 Likes

Trouble-is, you’re not far off the truth.

Annoyingly, my dick seems to be headed in the exact opposite direction… :sob:

2 Likes