SOLD: Luxman Limited Edition Pre and Power

CL-38uSE and MQ-88uSE Pre and Power Amps.

Luxman 90-year Anniversary Limited Edition pre- and power amps. In excellent condition.

Remote control included, original boxes.

I bought these as a pair from Fanthorpes around a year ago and am now reluctantly selling due to a house renovation which has necessitated the downsizing of my system.

Only one hundred of these were made, so they could become a collectors item, but that would just be a bonus as they are terrific regardless.

I could go on, but Ken Kessler has comprehensively articulated just how good these are in this article: https://manualzz.com/doc/28396366/luxman-cl-38use-mq.

*I would only add that the phono stage in the preamp is excellent, holding its own against high-end stand-alone phono stages (I had the Trilogy 907); you could therefore offset the cost of these by selling your phono stage :wink: *

It seems criminal to break them up but I can split them - as separates the pre would be £2900 and the power £3100.

I paid 8K for them and will sell for 6K.

Pick up from Kingston upon Thames or delivery can be agreed/arranged or a meet up.

5 Likes

PS I might consider a p/x as I am also looking for a decent DAC - Mytek brooklyn would be perfect as I’d like something with a phono stage ideally, but others would be considered.