Sold: Project Perspex 6 SB / RS UNI TT PSU / Transfiguration Phoenix MC

So, it is time. The replacement is picked and needs paid for, so this lot has to go [image]

Pro-Ject Perspex 6 SB

This is the latest edition (and current one) of this deck with the high precision speed control module built into the deck. Speed accuracy and wow / flutter ratings are quite excellent.

It’s an interesting setup with three magnets levitating a corian sub platter on which the bearing and arm sit.

The arm is the Evolution version of the carbon 9” arm and is a huge upgrade on the old 9cc, much better bearings. It’s a great sounding deck and was a big step up from my Michell Syncro in terms of solidity of sound.

A few small flaws that will be reflected in the price. The platter has a tiny tiny ding on it, which has zero effect on performance. One of the hinge holes on the lid looks like it has an internal crack, but I bought it like this and it has never changed.

Otherwise the deck is in great condition, all original accessories, cables, power supply etc are included. Pickup preferred, but could arrange postage as this has a transit screw.

£700 posted in the UK. £1100 less than a new one!

TT UNI RS power supply. A replacement for the standard wall wart. Supports all Pro-next 15/16v turntables from the Perspex up to the signature 12. Mint and boxed, £500 new, looking for £280 posted in the UK, you won’t find a cheaper ones.

The superb Transfiguration Phoenix cartridge. High end MC tastiness from a company now gone. Running at about 500 hours and still working superbly, it has all its original packaging. These escalated up to beyond £2000 at the end of their run, I won’t accept a penny under £500 for it.

If someone wants all three, I’ll do it for £1300 as a complete package. All parts available separately though.

8 Likes

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/4U0rzIP.mp4

A link to it all working!

Power supply now spoken for!

The deck and arm are SO much better than the prices suggest :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Agreed, if I wasn’t such a fussy bugger, this is probably end game level turntable. It sounds absolutely fantastic and was the first deck that showed me what bass capability vinyl had!

Wow, didn’t think you’d move on from the transfiguration cart. GLWTS.

2 Likes

Cheers, the new deck comes with a cart that “should” represent an upgrade or at least a solid competitor for the Phoenix. It is time to move on, the Phoenix can’t last forever and I’m putting a lot of miles on the vinyl just now. So I’d rather someone got some fun out of the carts remaining time rather than me hammering through something that can’t be replaced.

Obviously happy to still do a little discount if anyone wants both the table and the cart.

Looks like everything but the turntable is sold, so a cheeky drop to £650 to encourage a sale on the turntable. Bought on its own, the arm alone would cost that!

2 Likes

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

See it working here :slight_smile:

I think this is potentially sold pending funds :slight_smile:

Sold :slight_smile:

1 Like