SOYS: State Of Your System

Slowly getting there.

One more stand for the HD600
RME and G109-S on the tops shelf

2nd shelf currently has the Topping D10 doing SPDIF conversion from a HP Chromebook and SPDIF output, coax to Chord Mojo, Optical to RME (which also has USB input direct). Makes it easy to direcy and quick comparisons in my more geeky moments.

Chord mojo to the XDUOO MT-602 which has had Mullard tubes put in place of the stock tubes and using the Ifi Ipower PSU

Topping D50S not being used at the moment, same as the SABAJ PH3

Saving up for something else, just to have something to save up for but not sure where else I can/want to go with now - The Orbe, on the bottom shelf, really needs a service and an oil/belt change if I ever get the proper time to do it.

The Topping DX3 PRO + P50 now being used downstairs for when The wife is watching her stuff on TV.

6 Likes

Those R9s were special, had I know that a year or so later we would move to a larger house I’d have kept them!

2 Likes

Mojo2; Electric Boogaloo.

1 Like

Only ever heard them at shows - and still they sounded great.

One of a short list of speakers I could happily live with, and prolly the only ones that feature side-firing drivers :star_struck:

3 Likes

I think I might be the only person that has a cardboard jig for aligning their kit. I must be mental

Rong thred m8

2 Likes

Now I remember. Very, very nice!

Only change, possibly, would be the position of the radiator and the sockets :slightly_smiling_face:

Apart from Audio Physic, Genesis, JBL, Sonus Faber, Rockport, Kef etc

I think he meant from his list to live with. Or the only ones with them he could live with should I say.

1 Like

Not sure. The Mojo2 does actually sort out a couple of annoying ergonomics that I hate about the Mojo but not sure I’m still not going to get annoyed about it. I’ve about come to accept the Mojo - I do like the sound it makes but still hate everything else about it. The dealer I bought it from is giving £100 trade in on the Mojo, but could probably get more selling 2nd hand but it’s a lot less hassle.

I have thought about it. Maybe.

I recently made a schematic of my system.
Upon my sudden demise (I think I’d rather go with my boots on, or perhaps tennis shoes on)… It might help wife and daughters / sons inlaw, know what they are disposing of🙂 Or maybe just maybe dismantle and relocate somewhere? - no I’m just kidding, skip the lot!

Anyone else got a schematic?

4 Likes

Yeah, mine looks like this

I still need to add the names of the individual components but it’s nearly finished.

10 Likes

Looks like one of those cubist boring as F architects helped you :thinking:

No, it was done on the very latest Etch A Sketch

6 Likes

Or… you could allude to it being an incredibly important, life changing document that you have hidden and that they’ll need to complete a series of elaborate and increasingly dangerous challenges to discover the location of.

1 Like

That would be, google skip hire, open window, throw into skip, call for collection😂

1 Like

Really need to post a pic of Pete’s Guildford Floor amp here, but I think the only copy I had of the pic was on Photobucket and I can’t even remember my log in details since it became unusable,

Photofucket! What arses!

Yeah, they completely shagged a perfectly usable site. You would think they would have seen and learned from the Wam.
:thinking:

There was a photobucket rep registered on the Wam for a while who posted and tried to tell us we were all wrong and it was still a fantastic site as they slowly removed all the features that we used,
In my case organising my albums alphabetically by flie name.
They took that away and rendered it almost unusable overnight.

1 Like