SOYS: State Of Your System

Cheers Nick. The move went ok, there were delays with the transfer of dosh so we didn’t get the keys until about 4pm - it made for a very long day, but the removals team were brill, so all good in the end. :+1:

3 Likes

One little problem though, not sure if it’s simply age related or the fact that the speakers were stored in an unheated garage for three years (yes they did fit in there :roll_eyes:) but the rubber surrounds on the bass drivers has perished :sob:
Can anyone recommend a good, speedy re-foaming service?

http://www.wembleyloudspeaker.com/index-frames.html

You should be able to call up and make an appointment, take them in yourself and they will do them on the spot.

2 Likes

Ouch! That’s a pisser!

What a pain in the arse. Unlucky @Jim I hope the repair is straightforward.

Bollocks!!

Might be worth seeing if Acapella can supply replacement surrounds, if one is shot the other might not be far behind either.

As above , Wembley also do a good job.

1 Like

There are more speakers inside the cabs as well, in a type of isobaric arrangement. Will need to check those out too :thinking:

Only fit for the skip, I reckon.

1 Like

I’ve e got a skip at mine if he needs it.

2 Likes

Looks great and a good size, what are the room dimensions ?

It’s 22’ x 15.5’

2 Likes

Ha!

That’s what they tell you

9 Likes

:rofl: Fuck off.

13 Likes

Square? :slight_smile:

Have you considered a change of speaker Jim?

1 Like

This could roll up to the patio doors quite nicely, bit of mastic - Bingo!

3 Likes

What is the floor construction, Jim?
Doesn’t really matter either way, really, as the truly committed would already have plans sorted for ripping it up, constructing shuttering and buying a fuckton of concrete to form horns for, literally, subterranean bass.

Yes Dave. Thinking about it. I love the plasma tweeter though, so maybe keep those to go with a multi-way horn set-up.

Not 100% sure, but it feels very solid. Also has underfloor heating, so probably some sort of composite screed.

What’s access inside like to get the other drivers out?