Speaker sale gone Pete Tong - suggestions please

FWIW I’ve DMed him again to ask for details for repayment.

Although TBH I would be quite surprised if he wasn’t still on here under an alt and has already read all this.

Worth checking with your bank as per @Kevin ‘s advice , they might have enough account details to refund automatically

Already done.

TBH I was quite surprised by this, but The Bank, she say no.

1 Like

Also, as I warning to others one of his other alts is already present on here

I once got paid for a 2nd Henry hoover on fb marketplace about 10 years ago.
The bloke paypaled me £30 and said he would pick it up.
He lived in London and said he was hoping to holiday in the south west.

Never heard from him again. Obviously there must of been a hoover shortage going on around 2010 in London and the home counties.

I must remember this story for my upcoming book.

8 Likes

Is anybody aware if he has collected ANY of this shit he’s paid for ?

A vacuum vacuum.

9 Likes

If not then there are obvious mental health issues at play. Or is he just stupidly disorganised?

Either way, my personal choice would be to keep his money safe, sell on the speakers, then if he gets in contact, refund him.

2 Likes

This :
’ my personal choice would be to keep his money safe, sell on the speakers, then if he gets in contact, refund him.’
You are being fair and honest - life is too short to let this stuff get to you …

1 Like

Thanks guys.

It’s hopefully obvious that it’s not about the money, I (like a lot of people!) just want a bit of closure.

4 Likes

Had the same thing with the same bloke.
This time with @edd9000 World Audio Designs power amp.
I picked it up off Edd at Settle, brought it back to my house at Swanwick nearer to Derby for him.
Weeks passed, several PM’s.

Nothing…

1 Like

Still have the amp when he’s ready to come and get it.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this Guy, just added his assorted alter-egos to my Red List. The fact he has those IDs suggests to me he derives some kind of gratification from this behaviour, rather than it being a simpler mental health issue.

I’d say you’ve amply covered yourself morally to re-sell and ‘hold’ his money until such time as he gets his arse in gear/banks respond. To that end, I would write once more setting a time frame for him to contact you, say 6 weeks hence, or you will donate the money to a charity of your choosing: call it Twat Tax.

Closure is everything.

I am still holding a pair of speakers somebody bought (from London) last December, paid in full. I keep contacting him and he keeps promising to arrange to pick them up, but then goes silent for 3 months. Last heard in July now, after two more messages from me. My last was I am giving them to charity unless he pitches up.

Not the same guy as above I think, [rivertarnell] on eBay.

1 Like

I could understand that if money wasn’t changing hands. Perhaps he just likes redistributing his wealth. Or he really does have issues.
Whatever it is it’s definitely strange behaviour.

1 Like

I might message him to see if he wants to buy some stuff I haven’t got.
At least it would cut out the storage issues.

14 Likes

Just found the pfm thread:

Not sure whether it’s this guy “Passionate supporter of Free Markets, Free Speech, Democracy and Austrian School of economics”
https://twitter.com/mbiranek

I’d like to try my EAR834P into it :rofl:

I was just going to say similar. I could really do with some cash and I’m willing to ‘sell’ him anything he fancies to be honest. Sounds like a decent bloke.

Alternatively I could run a storage facility for all his paid for stuff. He must collect within 60 days or that’s it, forfeited.