Spirit of the Slaughterhouse: Free Stuff

Can anyone use an M-Audio Audiophile 192 soundcard? It’s PCI, and was decent in its time. Might be good if you’re setting up a 2 channel computer system.

I imagine that I have the right cables for it, no idea about the CD. The drivers will be available online, not sure about the (quite good) software.

It’ll be ages before I can post it.

Morgan Jones books. PM and we’ll work something out.

8 Likes

I have a spare, unopened copy of the new Spiritualized cd if anyone wants it.

2 Likes

Yes please mate :+1:

Somehow I have a spare Atacama shelf. No glass just the shelf if anyone wants it , preferably someone going to the Yorkshire meet up this weekend.

If the spare glass I have fits I’d be up for it.
I’ll measure tomorrow… got a couple of spare bits But I suspect they may not fit? Do you know what size the missing glass is?

Edit

Around 50cm x 50cm but the actual Atacama shelves have a curved front.

My shelf is 40 x 47. Square.
Possibly too small I expect.

Free stuff. Probably going in skip soon if nobody wants.

Yes please for 1 (the Philips?) if we can arrange transport

Whereabouts are you?

Sheffield

CD’s up for grabs as I have replaced them with some shiny black stuff

3 Likes

Please!
I still use mine often and would love those. I don’t have any JD, weirdly.

No worries Steve pm me your address and I’ll stick them in the post tomorrow :+1:

Just in case there are any of you out there who aren’t hippie beardy twats, I’m having a clear out of razors that don’t suit me and are just gathering dust.

FWIW this might sound about as appealing as second-hand underpants, but I’ve cleaned them all pretty thoroughly, and if you felt like it you could boil them in a pan of water for a couple of minutes but it’s really not necessary.

From left to right …

Merkur 33c - “the classic”, 3 piece razor with a closed head, short (75mm) handle
Merkur 23c - eaxctly the same as the 33c but with a long (95mm) handle
iKon OSS - American, very heavy, long handle, 3 piece with one side open comb and the other closed
iKon slant - slightly shorter (bulldog?) handle, with, err, a slanted head

I also have a completely closed base that goes with the OSS top plate.

To save you googling, the Merkurs retail at around £30, the iKons are around £100.

If you aren’t a beardy-wierdy pillock and want a decent (and cheap) shave the above are all free of charge. Drop me a PM and I’ll drop it / them in the post. I should have done this before going back to work, when I had a lot more time on my hands. Ah well.

One of those has to be better than my Wilko disposable!
I’m clueless what they all do differently but the slant one I have heard of. I use mine for the bits the leccy one can’t touch.
I’d take that one please but one is all! Pm sent

Id like to give the OSS a go, please

Could I claim the Ikon slant please?