Spirit of the Slaughterhouse: Free Stuff

Right. Through a series of cock-ups I’ve been left holding the baby with this magnificent bastard.

I pressed what I thought was the CD eject and it turns out that it plays cassettes too.

5 CD changer. It comes from the era when the ability to play mp3 and WMA burnt onto CDs was seen as desirable.

Nasty spring-clip speaker cable terminations. RCA aux in, and optical out :exploding_head:

The speakers, frankly, don’t look great

Comes with mains cable, remote, instructions, RCA interconnect and AM and FM antennae.

Anyway, might suit someone’s garage, kids, whatever. It seems a shame just to chuck it in the tip.

1 Like

I might now some-one who is looking for a starter set up for their son and this might fit the bill. Can it be packed or do we need a meat-van?

1 Like

Do you have any of these left Jim ?

1 Like

Yes Chris, send me a pm with your addy :+1:

1 Like

Pick-up would obviously be preferable but if and when I get a big sturdy box I’ll weigh it and see what Parcelfucks would cost.

Sorry Guy I responded to @hoopsontoast post :blush:

The rejection :sob:

Does nobody want my thing that lights up and plays WMA files from CDs?

6 Likes

Nice try though :smile:

1 Like

I’ve got plenty of people’s addresses kicking around in PMs here.

Might just send it out to someone at random.

6 Likes

Maybe not so random.

New business plan.

“Say, that’s a nice hi-fi you’ve got there. It would be a shame if somebody sent you a blingy boombox from ~2002.”

5 Likes

Send it to him anyway!

5 Likes

Now decided to keep it.

The nasty sofa is still available though :+1:

2 Likes

Can’t you offer your lady neighbour a Patch + Sofa BOGOF deal?

Take the money, Patch will come back & the sofa won’t :+1:

4 Likes

CYP AU-D4T Analogue to Digital convertor.

I bought this so I could run a turntable into my Tact Millennium digital only amp. Worked perfectly and no obvious detriment to the sound.Has a wallwart power supply.
——————————————————————
Reserved for stu.

LAT International DI-20 MkII Digital Cable 1.0m with locking phonos.

Really good cable.
———————————————————————
Reserved for Myrman

Canford Audio AES/EBU cable 7ft long.

Bought this when I had the Avantgarde Zero active speakers. Does what it says on the tin!

4 Likes

Could I take the lat digital cable please paul

Sure thing Stu - just pm your delivery address and I’ll post it out when I get a chance.

1 Like

Hi Paul could I have the AES/EBU cable if it’s still available please.

Of course Nick.
I’ve got to go to the post office on Saturday to ship the other cable to Rob so if it’s easier than meeting up I can post it out to you (still have your address on our PFM conversation).
Let me know.

1 Like

If you can post that would be great Paul. Thanks

1 Like

Some random CDs.

Hans Zimmer, Interstellar soundtrack “expanded edition” i.e. 2 CD

Ian Boddy “As Far Away As Possible”. A single long-form (~40 minutes) piece for modular synth, originally free with Werra Foxma magazine.

Plus a couple of niche EPs / maxi-singles.

David Sylvian & Robert Fripp Darshan

and The Shamen On Air

The Sylvian and Fripp is reasonably spendy on Discogs. The Shamen isn’t :smile:

FOC, or a couple of quid to Jon if you can afford it. Shipping will depend entirely on when I have access to recyclable packing materials.

I would prefer these to go to someone who hasn’t had much / anything from me in the past.

3 Likes