Step up loading

Prosecco vs Champagne then?

well Dave reports a significant amount of better by choosing silver - not had price yet, practising sitting down

ā€œTons more info, without any hint of harshnessā€ apparently

Yep silver wins every time,well worth the extra dosh.

I got a quote from him last November and for just the transformers it was $500 for copper and $1700 for silver or completed units for $2400 and $4200.

Seems like really good value when you consider the price of Audio Note ones.

Pretty much sums it up.

Well itā€™s 3.abit x more but gone for it

Meat taxi extreme entrant, Dave said he can sort for ETF delivery many thanks Pete

4 Likes

Have you gone for the Ikeda matching sut ?

Not paid yet but agreed a price in the silver canned pair inc delivery to Pete at ETF

Circa Ā£1400 so not dreadful but gotta pop it in a case to match the Thomas Mayer stuff when it gets here

The totally wrong copper version sounds fab so excited to try it when it lands

Was tempted to find a nice jap io2 and keep this sut but they are quite a lot now and the Ikeda sounds very promising

4 Likes

The Jap io 2 that Iā€™ve got is supposed to have very similar spec to Ikeda, 0.14mv output instead of usual Io 0.04mv.

There has been some discussion about its provenance as itā€™s been rebuilt by ANUK. It would be interesting to try it with appropriate SUT at some point .

Presumably will want close to 1:30ā€¦ Similar to Darrens Ikeda.

Better get in quick before sterlinhg tanks against the dollar again!

Not sure but your io2 might have been mine once

If you ever want to sell it let me know

Welcome to bring it round to try the sut once itā€™s herešŸ˜Š

Thatā€™s a thought about exchange rate, was hoping it might improve

1 Like

I traced it back to Tom (Montesque), rebuilt 2014 ANUK.
Would have been around a while though, itā€™s badged AN Japan rather than Kondo. Donā€™t know when they changed names ?

Sounds like Triggerā€™s broom to me :wink:

I think so, still a little unknown as itā€™s been rebuilt, but I am using it straight into Paradise.

Just PM an offer like everyone else , no need to knock it fist :rofl::rofl:

Sorry, I donā€™t need it :grin:

When did need ever come into it :laughing:

true

But with a few adequate carts, I couldnā€™t even sell it to myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got mine from a chap who used to make and sell turntables it had a few rebuilds already

I had it for some time then sold it to Ian up in Cumbria (bit of a drinker lovely. Guy, used to bring a bar load of beer to any bake off he attended)

Ian has some job troubles and sold it but it sure who to