Streams and DACs and stuff

Am I right in thinking though, the Digi+ has no DAC - it’s just a transport? That’s why I linked the HiFi Berry DAC further up the topic.

You are right!

Can someone tell me if Micks kind offer will work for me?
What’s this transport not DAC thing?

/ludite

Thanks. I’ve just checked but I’d need to get a DAC.

See my post at top of thread then.

Or you can borrow my pi DAC combo

1 Like

I have a Logitech Touch, you can borrow. Dead easy to use. Does everything you want.

2 Likes

Both very kind offers guys guys, I’m happy with either and also indecisive :smiley:

I’m guessing the logitech touch will be the easiest quick fix and give me time to sort a Pi or something.

That’s proper neat that is.

The Touch is a great call. Sounds good as is, can feed a DAC as well

1 Like

K.I.S.S. - a lot of the “solutions” suggested are needlessly complicated and require more time and effort than makes the slightest sense when a single USB cable to a lappy/whatever achieves the same end result…

A laptop may not be the easiest though. If you switch between streaming apps then you have to go and open up the laptop; with the Squeezebox this can all be done remotely. It really is a matter of how you want to use it.

Believe it or Not, I don’t own a laptop or pc.
Tho the micro PC will suffice.

The logitech offer from catcando seems to be the easiest quick fix to get sounds back in the living room.
I agree a DAC would be nice but I’m really not convinced a 15 note EBay job will satisfy Mrs P who has already asked if it’ll be like the Wadia!

The Touch DAC is surprisingly OK. Definitely a step forward from the older SB3 DAC.

1 Like