Suggestions for a new TT - £600 to 700'ish

Well tempered? (I’m unsure of prices)

I’ve ended up with two.
One will go. There’s a couple of interested parties when I move one on, but I’ll let you know if not.

:+1: I’ll let you know if I find something, in the meantime, too.

Looks like a 401 could be doable, maybe.

1 Like

I love mine mate, more than anything I’ve had (Techie sl1200, 1700, Duals, Systemdek, Rega…) , and if it doesn’t work for you, if you’ve bought cleverly, you won’t lose anything on it.

Don’t be tempted to stick a SME 3000 series on it, they can do justice to much more modern arms. I’ve got a Roksan Tabriz ZI on mine and it works well.

2 Likes

Project Concept
ex dem.

image http://www.hifi-intouch.co.uk/products/3609/73/turntables/restored-vintage-lenco-l75-turntable/8597e24a-d818-4380-b487-8327b248f5c1-feat-large.aspx

Restored vintage Lenco £500

1 Like

Think I’ve done the Lenco’s to death Dave

401 is a good suggestion, perhaps further ones are Logic DM101 if you can find a nice one, lots of old bangers out there. Avoid the electronic version.

Townsend Rock II, sounds very precise and has great bass. All the add on bits are a waste of money. Does not need a great arm due to the damping.

Some of the Rega TTs are quite lively if you can live with the wow and flutter and the rolled off bass.

The old Thorens TD150 ?

Think it’ll be a 401 or SP10

1 Like

They don’t crop up very often but a Sony PS-8750 should be do-able for £700.

2 Likes

Think the bit about them never coming up was the clue.

Last one I saw was double that

I hadn’t thought about decent Japanese TT’s :thinking:

Since you’re keeping one of your Techie decks, can you possibly borrow another TT for a bit to scratch the itch/ satisfy your curiosity?

Or try this -

Then the world is your lobster…

Where’s the fun in that ?

Stop dicking about and get an SP10. Sell other stuff if you have to. As it will be pretty shit in comparison. So what is the point of keeping it. You are not Bob.

Put whatever arm and cart that floats yer boat on it.
Maybe get a new thrust pad and some new oil.

4 Likes

A bit of honest critique; good old Mark

1 Like

The man of experience speaks…:wink: