Surface Pro

I was thinking of getting some kind of tablet for fondling - mainly music selection, just needs a browser, and maybe some browsing.

Not much in the Black Friday sale, some mid price one with a few quid off at the £150-200 mark, but a bit meh.

Then I saw that you can get a used Surface Pro from £110, that’s i5 gen 4, 4GB, no keyboard, 12" screen. Has anyone used one of these? At first sight it looks ideal…

Used iPad will be better in all the key areas: touch screen, battery life, instant on/off.

1 Like

So this, say…

I’m concerned that the Surface might be less good with touch, as they usually work with a stylus, but I’ve never used one

I think for browsing and consuming media, the iPad is peerless.

The Surface is basically a full Windows laptop with associated power draw. It definitely will be less good for touch because the OS is less good for touch.

1 Like

I reckon your probably right tbh. Shame, as the 12" screen on the Surface is tempting

1 Like

Ok I’ve gone cheap Android tablet then :rofl:

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/lenovo-tab-m10-10.1-tablet-64-gb-grey-10245135.html

Berk.

3 Likes

Well it was that or a four year old iPad. I think this will be fine…

for the next 12 months until they switch off security updates for it.

A 2022 Lenovo Android tablet is likely to be better than a 2017 iPad in that respect, I would think. Apple are better than most manufacturers, sure, but not that much better

Leave him to it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Android tablets are utter shite.

As you will discover in due course.

Even hardcore Android phone users still buy iPads.

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

I can’t disagree with this.

Well I’m delighted with this shite tablet so far :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Bookmarking this thread to see how pleased Adam is after 6 months…

5 Likes

The will be whining.

Remember, he’s an accountant, so no penny will remain unpinched, even if it causes mucho pain.

1 Like

Is it six months now? I really like the tablet, it’s a great screen size, good screen quality and it’s responsive and generally very good.

I’ve been travelling around a fair bit, and it was great to have Sky Sports while I’m away from home, on a much larger screen than my phone.

Easy to recommend, and they are regularly discounted to silly money.