Terminal Investments

I’m already a higher rate tax payer, but I live in West Sussex and my kids are all 9 foot tall and in adult clothes… I think on balance it still works out, but the market is dead. The property I had my eye on 3 months ago is still on the market. I predict a small drop, with Brexit etc. With the equity we have I’m going to hold on for a year and see how it goes.

How does Brexit affect health insurance in France?

That’s stuff I need to keep an eye on.

I may have to pop back over here as a health tourist :+1:

When I eventually get my inheritance, I guess additional property will be on the cards. My mother owns a flat in Cardiff and if there is enough money left, I will probably buy at least another flat to become a slum landlord.

quite , it has been a problem which is why mr Osborne bought in these changes . however huge numbers of folks cannot even think of buying their own house due to ccj , student debt , unable to get mortgage etc

they do need housing and hopefully it will be of an acceptable standard even if it is rented.

Whoosh…

4 Likes

That doesn’t hold water.

Fundamentally private homes should not be viewed as investment opportunities.

5 Likes

Waste of breath I feel.

1 Like

Time to stop reading this thread.

Terminal or the terminator

Spot on!

I have a feeling that there are well over a million people coming through the system right now whose property is their pension fund. They will be about 45 to 50 year olds at the moment who had the old company pension schemes rippd from under them by Thatch, who either didn’t invest or underinvested in what was to become poor value pension schemes and who now rely on their equity to fund their retirement.

Will be utter chaos when they relocate up North or abroad to cash in,

1 Like

They’re fecked if they planned on going overseas unless they bugger off pronto. They are all welcome to compete fiercely to buy my house though, before I bugger off abroad on one of my non-UK passports.
:smirk:

Just about sums me up. Oh feck !

1 Like

I’m tracing my Liverpool roots , I’ll,end up at wembley

2 Likes

friend has just sold his house for quite a bit and has gone to spain . he reckons he can get somewhere nice for a third of the cost of his house and live on the rest

Me too, was 45 last week and the only pension I have of any value is the Army one, company pensions from the last 10 years are worth fuck all.

47 here and too young to have got a sniff on a final salary pension (and from Oz originally so even less chance) so I don’t see me giving up much before 60. Not bothered as I enjoy what I do and it gives me plenty of freedom and travel opportunities. My old man retired wealthy at 65 and does fuck all with himself. Brags about having not touched any of his pension 8 yrs later. My poor mother, I don’t know how she does it, be like having an elderly kid hanging around you day in day out.

1 Like

yes people long for retirement and then when it comes it can be boring and no longer get all the banter of work mates etc

1 Like

Or, not

2 Likes