Teslamate - Tesla analytics

A bit of boredom tinkering that will appeal to @AmDismal, @edd9000 and nobody else, I installed Teslamate - an open source data collection application that pulls from the Tesla APIs and uses Grafana to display the results of all sorts of advanced stats.

I installed it in Docker on my QNAP NAS, but there is also a fun guide to installing it on a free Google Cloud micro VPS.

It can also be integrated with Octopus Agile to correctly price charging sessions with their demand-based pricing tariff.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Just to be clear, this allows us to track people who are driving Teslas around, right ?

VB

3 Likes

If you had access to someone’s Tesla account, you could get this data yes. But you would also have access to their credit card data too.

That’s so deliciously pointless, I love it!

>nerd alert< it’ll be tokenized. Useless for anyone but Tesla.

1 Like

You hope :laughing:

1 Like

Well yes. It was more a “I would be surprised if a payment processor that big wasn’t all tokenized up”.

But equally it could turn out to be a case of “oh that Access db”.

Liked, because after the first line I didn’t understand one single word of it. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Does this mean you have ordered one?

Got further than me, so respek

Once I’ve signed my new contract.

1 Like

:+1::partying_face:

Job contract?

Are gratz in order?

Yes. Akin to escape from Alcatraz.

4 Likes

Nice!

Expect to receive a card where 40 people you don’t know have written “All the best” :+1:

Some of us don’t even get that. Had a card from a client saying thank you though.