The AA Bus Stop

Wonder who wrote this? :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Some shit stirring trouble-maker :wink:

3 Likes

Not looking forward to my trip on the 24 to work and back tomorrow. Actually going won’t be too bad as it will before 8:00 but journey back at 17:00 will be very warm.

:open_mouth: Needs a few drivers to get the ambulance-chasers onto it - heat-stroke isn’t just deeply unpleasant, it kills people.

1 Like

:joy: :joy::joy::joy::innocent::innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

This:

Is probably why TfL responded thus…:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

See what you mean -

1 Like

I went to and from high school on that bus, the folding doors were viciously quick on some examples, and slow as you like on others.
I remember someone igniting a good handfull of magnesium ribbon stolen from the lab technician’s store room. The bus quickly filled with white smoke and we all had to get off and walk. Police were up the school the next day an’ all.

3 Likes

Saw the video; it is a Volvo B5LH Hybrid that suffered a Runaway Engine …

1 Like

Loads of buses here. Driven three of the four types shown in this film.

No year of publication given as far as I could see; I’d guess 1963 as the Victoria Line opened in 1968 or 1969. I think… :thinking:

https://youtu.be/EXFmxgpAsbs

Edit. Just seen year clearly displayed !:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stopped in 1964. Short route bus.

1 Like

Liked that, two way Chalk Farm Road outside Camden Town Tube just seems strange now. Also nice to see 24 on Charing Cross Road, my regular bus… for now. TFL plan to change to the 88 if they go ahead with the changes.

1 Like

We used to ride on these.

1 Like

These were the first 2.5 metre wide buses to operate in the UK. They are classed as RTW; W= Wide.

They had special dispensation- courtesy of the Metropolitan Police- as there were concerns over the extra width contributing to congestion in Central London…

It is quite different from an RT in terms of driving. It is a Leyland Titan modified for London Transport.

The steering is fucking heavy when carrying out low speed maneuvers; parking; shunting and passing buses at bus stops.

I prefer it to the AEC RT because Leylands are so much better. Im not biased…:grin:

1 Like

Thats lovely , that is! There’s one at the LT Museum , Acton Depot.

Well worth a visit as there’s loads of interesting stuff there! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Posh bus seen today…

Skylights FTW.

Oxymoron alert!

3 Likes

Wow, a man who built a career changing buses colour schemes to something with a Cream under window and bottom deck cantrail.

Well spotted!:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

7 Likes