The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

Nup, fuck that, I’m the Ernest Fucking Hemingway of alcoholic drive-by shitposting :sunglasses:

1 Like

Phoned them last week and were very good

Just rang them back as to what yesterday,but thinks it’s a waste of time trying to get money back off them

Is it worth contacting a local ombudsman?

If it were me I’d get it in writing that the whole thing is settled (in case they cock up / change their mind) and move on with my life.

I feel it’s a trade off between time, stress etc. and what is only a potential financial reward.

Just my opinion obviously.

4 Likes

A sensible opinion, my experience of similar is that you really need to enjoy getting a kick out of banging your head against a brick wall to want to chase companies like this.

1 Like

The first thing to do which is little hassle is get confirmation in writing of their offer to write off outstanding debt and the basis on which they are doing that.

The second thing if you are prepared to spend the time, is write to them requesting a full and complete statement of the account over the life of the loan including all interest and charges. Also ask for the original T&Cs when this was taken out.

Once you have those facts to hand you can decide at your leisure (to some extent but I’d aim to decide either way and respond within a few weeks) and with whatever other relevant advice, whether 1.there’s a case to pursue and 2. whether you think it’s worth the effort.

Happy to help at any point with letter writing, reviewing the account and terms etc if you’d find that of any use.

15 Likes

This :point_up::fu:

Justt phoned Devon cab who were brilliant and getting A local person on it this week

The worst part was she asked my date of birth, and I said I think about 9lb. I seriously think I need to have some sort of Head scan,fucking thing is, I’ve no idea what I weighed

1 Like

I’m chuffed that it is done and dusted

The bit that grates me is do you let these cunts get away stinging people
Or just put it down to another shit experience

Personally I’m all about an easy life

4 Likes

That’s brill. As Frankie Howerd said ‘it’s wrong to mock the afflicted’ but that made me chuckle.

1 Like

Cab chap recommended at least a breaking down there mistakes and all the monthly paperwork from when the loan started

Seems it has to be worth sending them an email

Sorry to keep banging on about it

3 Likes

Don’t apologise. If you get more money back/give them a severe pain in the balls we can all take vicarious pleasure from your success.

1 Like

Not at all, it’s important that things get put right. Besides, people post way more about minor hifi tweaks :laughing:

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

It was only after the call I thought why the fuck would she want to know what I weighed. We laughed about it just as she was dialling the psychiatric unit

2 Likes

Also mighT be getting a blue badge for my car

Might get one of those holsters like Gareth

I know this is a ballache for you, but it’s about the only use this shithole of a forum has is as a place to let of steam and share any issues.

I’d look at the situation as a job-of-work: you put in some effort - you stand to get some financial reward for it, if there’s nowt else going-on right now then it’s a good use of time :+1:

1 Like

Seriously might take you up on that offer Wayne if it genuinely isn’t to much trouble. Writing these things aren’t my forte

1 Like

My pleasure Stu. Send me a pm tomorrow and we can discuss what you need.

6 Likes

Cheers Wayne
I don’t want you spending much time on it,but just a basic email that gets to the Point rather than Me babbling on like an amateur

I can pay you in a either a Lionel Richie album that is scratched, or a sock originally worn by Liberace (allegedly)

1 Like

Hopefully on his foot and not his hand :nauseated_face:

7 Likes