The Allotment has nearly had a clean shave

New veg garden.
A lot of work I expect. At least we are taking over something half decent with a shed in place.
Whether a combined team of the family can manage it is another question… you can’t argue for 35 quid a year.

11 Likes

Another batch of parsnips dug up. So far nice roasts and soup. More to come.

5 Likes

Been desperate to get some lawn action in, but it has been too wet recently.

Until today that is…

Filled the brown bin so verticutting will need to wait until its emptied on Thurs.

Not bad for first cut of the season.

5 Likes

Just done mine. Not as neat as yours.

Tried to do mine but the self propelling bit on the mower is knackered. Going to have to push it and it’s ‘king heavy.

Job for tomorrow.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fatberg of utter drivel and fekin’ fish puns a.k.a Jim’s jokes

Who’s been burying conkers in my planters?

Looking at you, squirrel twat.

3 Likes

Knowing your way, it could the animal or it could be the stage name of a local electronic noise DJ.

1 Like

DJ Feral Fox* ft. Squirrel Twat, innit.

* who will definitely be making an appearance tonight. He takes any disturbing of the soil as a signal to smash shit up.

Think we lucked out a bit with our plot. Two minutes away and just added the greenhouse.

2 Likes

Looks in great shape for a new plot. I’d be tempted to remove some of the “raised” beds and have as traditional beds.

First proper cut on the lawn. Scarified a few weeks ago and had to wait for some reseeding to germinate. Been itching to get it cut.

19 Likes

Monty Don eat your heart out.

2 Likes

Check out our Peony, I think this is its 5th year. Seems to really thrive in this particular location (sunny and sheltered)
There’s as many unopened buds still to come as there are flowers.

11 Likes

Snails just taking the piss now.

3 Likes

Latest in the battle against Ground Elder and Snails.

Adding to the wall of herbs, slowly growing there with getting it all under control!

5 Likes

Greenhouse glazed now and a full IBC.

Coming on nice. Loads of rhubarb eaten tonight, as my first taste of the allotment.

4 Likes

I has the envy. I think I planted too deep as the thing (Now in it’s 3rd year) has never flowered!

When I said 5 years, I’ve since discovered the plant is atleast 10 possibly 11 or 12 years old.
It was relocated in a large pot to our new house and repositioned to its current location (a raised bed) 7 years ago. So far more established than I’d remembered.

1 Like

It’s a particularly nice Peony. I’ll report back annually with my failing

2 Likes