The Boys' Own Book of Aeroplanes

The sign should read ‘200m’ - if this fucking cuntry didn’t have its head so far up its arse! :angry:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Guarantee a bit of poo came out of the pilot!

3 Likes

Link goes to the full film on Youtube - quite good.

You can’t park there mate!

7 Likes

Interesting to see a local civilian doing some aircraft marshalling, telling the pilot to turn to the right.

Or waving to the passing Canberra

5 Likes
7 Likes

So, is it possible that I saw a B52 over the Cotswolds, specifically Cirencester, around 10am today?

Very big with wide thin wings and four very smoky jet engines. On its way to Nam maybe?

1 Like

Technically, a B-52 has four pairs of engines but I don’t know if this results in four or eight plumes.

1 Like

Were the other four engines broken?

2 Likes

That’s the sucker.

The internet says that they arrived at RAF Fairford last month.

It seemed to climb very slowly - I wouldn’t fancy being a passenger :grimacing:

Probably full of bombs, hopefully on the way to Moscow.

1 Like

Yep the B-52s are stationed at Fairford, we tend to hear them occasionally rather than see them!

1 Like

‘Antiques Airshow’

3 Likes

To be fair, round here its usually passenger/cargo transport from Brize (I’m guessing A400m’s), they are always doing loops/tight turns over the A420 around Bampton on my way home from work. They always seem to be going impressively slow in the tight turns!

1 Like

The exact same planes irregularly-but-often shuttle past our back window about 50’ up and no more than 200’ away - they are impressively quiet TBH when they do so, modern prop tech I guess.

1 Like

How to keep your customers calm and confident in your aircraft….

4 Likes

I’m a little bit obsessed…

7 Likes