The ethical dilemma of fake Lego

Actually very difficult to match stripes like that in real life. The angle of the seam on both the collar and the facing has to be exactly the same. Also, the collar has to match at the centre back and the facings ( the face of the lapel) go on first. Thirdly, if the customer has one shoulder lower than the other the collar will have to be shorter on that side. Most times it happens by accident, although it is possible to manipulate it if it looks close. Best not do that though, because there is always the nut job who will expect you to be able to do it every time!

1 Like

I made him a Bordeaux coloured velvet tux with a black satin shawl collar though, so no matching issues!

2 Likes

Surely theyā€™ve caused enough foot pain to justify buying cheaper elsewhere. Anyway isnā€™t the whole point of lego to just give them loads of bricks and they use their imagination to make stuff?

1 Like

My Grandpa was always a sharp dresser and had a beautiful dark grey pin strip suit that had matching collar stripes and I was always amazed by the workmanship in it.

I wore his navy blue Crombie overcoat for years as an indie yoof until it finally gave up the ghost - snagged a beautiful older camel Crombie overcoat recently :thumbsup:

Do you know where he bought his clothes?

According to my Dad he used to get a lot of stuff hand made by a small family run Tailor business in Glasgow but donā€™t know the name sadly.

1 Like

Jesus I thought hifi had its share of anally retentive nerds but fucking hell that guy needs to get out more. Does he know that girls are out there, I mean just everywhere?

Maybe thatā€™s not the way his tone arm swings

2 Likes

Aahh, ā€œThe ethical dilemma of fake Legoā€.
Rick Wakemanā€™s finest album, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll agree.

4 Likes

So whoā€™s bricking it then?

Yeah for the technic I think youā€™d really want to go real Lego

Yesterday a package from China arrived, containing a Lepin Grand Emporium, rather similar to this:

As far as I can tell itā€™s identical apart from a small change to the roof, and cost about Ā£50, whereas the (now retired) original cannot be had for less than Ā£300.

Took ten days to arrive and less than a day to build. Heā€™s now staring at it lovingly.

1 Like

Did you get it from Nobsound ?

VB

2 Likes

Bastard! I didnā€™t know much about this Lepin stuff. I want one of these now:

1 Like

I was reading this thread aimlessly but now I want one of those :confounded:

6 Likes

6 yearsā€¦could be a record :thinking:

3 Likes

All power to his elbow, itā€™s the correct thread for the post, nā€™est ce pas ?

1 Like