The longest resurrection

Lacks the sheer funk & soul of Phil’s version

1 Like

Apologies for mixing my verbs, but thanks for fucking up my joke.

3 Likes

I need a sub-ed.

Because ?

Irritating slaphead, prog-goblin, talent vacuum, drum solo, fax-coward reasons probably.

2 Likes

Apart from that :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:thinking:

Fuck. That is a tough one Terry.

2 Likes

I always thought that he was the commercial element of the band and arm wrestled the progressive element out.

This is the common misconception. He was very much cutting edge prog/fusion in Genesis (he was ubiquitous with his commercial solo stuff and that was where he got his release).
It was Tony Banks who wanted Genesis to move to a more radio friendly/commercial formula to ride on the back of Collins’ popularity.
Once Peter Gabriel left, Tony Banks was the driving force behind Genesis.

They were fukd

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. I still enjoyed everything up until Calling All Stations. For very different reasons. But good music is good music.

1 Like

Not for me, I bought three or four of the post Gabriel albums but couldn’t get on with any of them. I’ve still got them but they never get played.

1 Like

Used to quite like this in the 70s

I never enjoyed any of his solo stuff all appeared MOR - In the Air tonight is up the with Denys as stuff I avoid listening. I never seriously investigated brand X as by then I Genesis were Pop/rock

Lil Pip at 17 coming down

Quite like 80s pop Genesis. For 80s child Dad rock car tape nostalgia reasons.

Thank you Patrick Bateman

2 Likes

I quite like the Invisible Touch LP and picked up a copy for £2. I have no other Genesis music whatsoever.

Also appreciated for the same reason. In fact I think it’s in my Lexus cd changer.

1 Like