The Milk Float Thread

I don’t like the cluttered look of my bmw now. It feels dated and a little bit pointless.
The airy, light and uncluttered model three just seems a better place to be.

Some of that is Tesla’s aim to move you out of the driving experience and move the car into doing all that for you.

1 Like

Anything would look cluttered compared to the sparseness of a Model 3.

I watched this week’s Top Gear tonight and was surprised to see Model 3 half way up the Stig leaderboard beating mega expensive cars.

Have you seen the model three performance figures?
It’s stupidly fast across the range. The battery is like a go cart set up so the weight balance is good, too.

The two wheel drive standard plus we have is a bit over 5 second 0 to 60.
The dual motor, 4wd, long range and performance are on a par with serious hot hatches (just above 3 seconds for the performance).

The surprise is the power is instant across the range as the car has no gears and no power lag. You have to try it to experience it, and then understand it.

If you can’t beat them…

2 Likes

Wants it.

4 Likes

Nice

Range is a bit low for something that behemoth. Other than that, yeah, I’d still prefer a cybertruck though purely for access to the supercharger network.

Only tangentially related, but interesting in any case.

Ahhhhh the joys of winter. Range down an average of 5-7%
I had forgotten about this part of ev ownership, still getting around 180-190 out of a full charge so can’t moan.
Has @AmDismal finally taken it out of ‘sports’ mode?

We are getting the snowflake on the battery sign.
You don’t want to go far in the cold anyway.
I keep forgetting to warm the car interior up before I go out, as well, which is a pain (and can sort the battery).

I am still positive I wouldn’t go back, and thanks to @browellm for the details, my employer is now looking at salary sacrifice options. My next lease may be electric if the numbers work.

Start car, then press sport mode button, noise off and lane assist off. Every single time…

This car is only 100kW, so it’s far from Tesla acceleration. Sports mode has all this power, other modes seem to limit it. There’s also oddities in the throttle response outside of sports mode.

These look brill. I have a hatchback in the matt grey please. If the prices Autocar are quoting are correct they’ll sell loads of these.

7 Likes

I really like that.

We have a sleigh now, not the car’s image

Good lord. Fix the wipers, Elon.

:+1:

If I was half the man I am now I’d consider one of those.

1 Like

I have had too many conversations with the wife to count, on the basis that we shouldn’t “own” a car each.
We should have one tiny city shuttle car, and one “family” car for the longer runs with luggage.

With families who have kids it’s hard not to run this sort of model, but we always have stalemate as no one wants the diddy car side of the bargain.

Exactly what we do here.
Although it would make more sense financially for me to run the shuttle car (Citroen C1), Donna doesn’t want to drive the family car (Subaru Legacy).

So it works up to a point.