The Milk Float Thread

A 2200kg suv with 0 to 60 under 5 seconds, well that is dismal :rofl:

1 Like

Just an observation.

Do people actually want this absurd acceleration? When I test drove a Tesla, every time I put my foot down the dog went thonk as she hit the back of the boot. And the wife bleated.

For me, 0-60 in about 7s is entirely quick enough. Am I just middle aged?

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

No, youā€™re about 95ā€¦

You have never, in all the times you have driven me, used anything like that kind of acceleration though.

More to do with accelerator mapping than ultimate power though, Teslas seem to be set up with a light trigger where other cars need more of a prod to access the full performance which makes them probably more controllable.

Thatā€™s true, but as you mentioned above, lots of folk donā€™t like it when theyā€™re not in the driving seat. Ann hates it if I drive briskly.

When Iā€™m on my lonesome though, itā€™s a different story :grin:

Anyways Adam, if youā€™re questioning why lecky cars need so much acceleration, why is it that the first thing you do when you get in yours is press the sport button? :joy:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s little common sense.

The first call was; these cars will be expensive and short range. How to marketā€¦ get on TV etc etc.
Ah elec motors are torquey and can provide acceleration.
Get the headlines, create a desire.
Start top down.
The masses will follow in more mundane stuff later
An Ā£85000 car should be good in all depts.

Flip side;
Just think of the pollution in creating all those solar panels and wind turbines to power silly performance, wasted KWh.

Then thereā€™s

One mode, economy :slightly_smiling_face:

That floor pan construction and overall body in white design using less massive press tooling and more modular construction looks interesting.

I built something like that as a concept prototype for BMW which then had 4 bolt on body styles (5 dr; estate; coupe; pick up/SUV) back in the late 90ā€™s and which was powered by at the time very simple electric motors in each corner. They fucking hated it :joy:

3 Likes

We all did in bld 118 ā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Witnesses? :sunglasses:

Modulating the load pedal means the same car can be driven sedately or, as you say, absurdly quickly.

This isnt a new concept.

HTH.

1 Like

Because itā€™s the only way mine will do 0-60 in less than 10 seconds. Hyundai didnā€™t follow the ā€œabsurd accelerationā€ trend!

Will add ā€˜acceleration arbiterā€™ to your LinkedIn profile.

2 Likes

Best buy a quicker EV then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m going to delete my LinkedIn account soon, once I retire :sunglasses:

Oh yeah, Iā€™m really liking this polestar 3

Be interesting when the reviews start coming in on the road

1 Like

Iā€™ll not lie I want to watch this, but canā€™t drag myself off listening to the radio right now.