The shit that does merit its own thread

Unfortunately, the little fuckers make a beeline for the “groinal region” due to the warm and moist conditions therein. Lyme disease is a real thing here now, so if you find one attached, remove it (no, not whisky or a burning cigar butt - that only makes them vomit really unpleasant stuff into you) and get yourself tested. The classic bullseye doesn’t always appear - ask Mrs 68…

Someone in Leamington has tried to make teh funneiz.

I supposed it serves me right for clicking through on “Michael Schenker Group” but this marketing brainfart from 2006 really does tick every cliché box with unerring accuracy.

100% rock strumpet action.

1 Like

Fuck, fully off down the rabbit hole now.

Reading the Wikipedia entry for the above mess, my mouse happened to hover over the (very long) list of MSG personnel and I noticed that Mo Foster was there.

A less likely alliance I can’t think of.

His father and mine served together in WW2 and were good friends. I’m pretty certain that I met Mo in my early teens.

The further I read through his extensive Wiki page the more it started to sound like a comprehensive obituary. Got to the end of it and yep, died a few months ago. Bollocks.

2 Likes
2 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Israel, Hamas, the Middle East

Every day I get a couple of emails from Discogs telling my new items on my Want List have arrived - and every day they are exactly the same things as all the previous days.

That would be irrelevant, but the site just doesn’t work - everything contradicts everything else - there’s endless duplication, links lead around in circles like a dreary Ourobouros, searches don’t work, options and personalisations likewise…

That, too, would be irrelevant - but it’s so damned expensive! I can invariably find stuff cheaper elsewhere. And I think it’s that that’s actually killing it.

This is the reason that I have deleted all the items from my Wantlist. Infuriating.

I have never had any issues with discogs.
But then I have never had a want list.
I have bought and sold stuff though,
Biggest plus for me is the ‘My Collection’ facility
I have my entire vinyl collection on there, great for working out exactly what version of a record you have.
Also really usefull if needed for insurance purposes.

And when I am in a quandary about what to listen to, I click the random item generator and it tells me what record to play!

It never mails me about my want list :thinking:

Maybe it’s something in preferences?

Yup.

The biggest plus for me is getting metadata “right” where there is dispute or something is open to debate. It makes a good argument-settler.

For the last line. And the same might be said for Insta-Face and Book-Gram too…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Was that Benny Green?
To some better known as a Jazz saxophonist than as a TV presenter

Yes that’s the man himself! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Impressive

6 Likes

@MonitorGold10 has been busy :muscle:

4 Likes

Looks more roadworthy than the shite they give him to drive! :laughing:

2 Likes

I have one that has been bashed so hard that the headlamp is out of alignment.

When reported, I was told it’s OK aa long as the panels aren’t falling off…

1 Like

Handy now that the long summer nights are here :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re as drunk as I am!

Cheers!

1 Like

Alas it’s the heavy co-codamol I’m on right now. Haven’t had a drink all week :sob:
I salute you though in your early morning endeavour to erase the rest of the day. Bravo :muscle::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like