The shit that does merit its own thread

9 Likes

Another rant about ticketmaster. This dynamic pricing mode they have introduced is basically legalised touting.
NYA Times Contrarian (neilyoungarchives.com)

That was old the last time yoiu had a job!

:thinking:

Few days too early…

1 Like

Im going to have to learn the German language…

1 Like

Just be careful with the spelling of the word for “art” :+1:

Kunst, isn’t it? :thinking:

1 Like

Got chatting to a lad who popped into our local tonight. Turns out, this is him.

Have bought a couple of things for wife and sis and he will drop them off on Tuesday.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Funny thing with the honey.
Did find a 75p jar at Tesco, that is an insane low price for honey.
The cheapest prices in NL/D are in the EUR 2,00-2,50 range.
These could be adulterated too, but I trust the EU regulations more than the UK one.
Especially since all UK government statements always have the same bullshit bingo about committed to highest standards blah etc.

. . . …aaaaaand into the fapfolder that goes…

Ten honey samples from the UK all failed the tests.

The report last Thursday by the JRC said honey imported from the UK had a suspicion rate of 100%

Officials said they would examine the result of the new study to establish whether the results are indicative of non-compliance.

The last honey I bought was from a beekeeper just a few hundred yards away. It tasted lovely, but it cost a lot more than 75p.

4 Likes

£6 a jar, here.

1 Like

I don’t remember the exact price, but it was in that league. I think I bought it in the summer of 2020 as the guy carried out the transaction where his driveway met the pavement, rather than in his house.

And the supermarkets, having run their own tests and no doubt found the same, dont give a shit. The government dont give a shit. I wonder if there is a link?

Small and local producer only for me from now on.

1 Like

Cant remember the last time i bought never mind consumed honey.

At £6 a jar I’d be keeping it in a locked cupboard.