The shit that does merit its own thread

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-13/lockheed-f-35-s-tally-of-flaws-tops-800-as-new-issues-surface

1 Like

Put it this way, so much faith do they have in it that the US is investing billions into some serious lifetime extension programmes for the F-15 and A-10, including (for example) hundreds of entirely new and redesigned wings for the latter, new standoff weapons, new survivability enhancements, &c… Flipside has been cancellation of some upgrades and new procurements to programs like the F/A-18 Super Hornet because of the vast cost of the F-35…

It’s a clusterfuck, not improved by the knowledge that Russia and China has similar programs which outperform it in most critical areas…

2 Likes

Would you kindly illuminate in what ways (and in what vehicles) Russia and China outperform in “most critical areas” the F-35? I wasn’t aware of this.

From my favourite barcode based Japanese electronic musicians, this time not a barcode but a fan in a Sento.

Highlight for me is the last minute of the video. In the background a guy is just cleaning, not giving a shit in about the mad man possibly over enjoying himself playing an electric fan like he is Hendrix.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m not picking that mess up.

Just discovered that where I am working at the moment is also the setting for 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade. Which is nice.

7 Likes

Returns to his spiritual home.

Doesn’t even know until he gets there.

#EverydayEpiphanies

1 Like

Shit Folk-Prog combo. 1st album was crap. 2nd album was even worse

So this is apparently A Thing.

“Fun for ALL the family” as they say…

3 Likes

From the producers of Exploding Kittens

https://theoatmeal.com/games

1 Like

Well bugger me etc.

Are Manc police properly stupid…

The force added: “We remind people to avoid any commentary or sharing of images that could compromise the victim’s right to lifelong anonymity, or risk prejudicing a live investigation with active proceedings.”

Yes.

This could be worth a fortune in 100 years time. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Roomba meets dogshit

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oops

Seeing a guy’s “drinking beer in Innsbruck” post on Twitter.

The last time I was there, admittedly early 90s, I noticed way too late the bust of Hitler with a cute little swastika above the bar.

It all got very weird with the locals and that’s probably about the closest I’ve come to being found dead the next morning.

Yeah, good times.

5 Likes

Crisps and nuts shortage

2 Likes

That explains why we couldnt get any Hula Hoops or KP nuts from Ocado this week.