The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Needs to be jiggajoules.

Itā€™s a really difficult job especially when youā€™re interviewing someone like Peterson.

When your interviewee is a deep subject matter expert and you have a couple of minutes to try and distill sometimes quite esoteric, complicated arguments into a couple of minutes because the schedule demands it, then thereā€™s going to be a danger that simplification and distillation becomes over-simplification or misrepresentation.

Iā€™d go as far as to say that Peterson was wholly inappropriate for that type of news slot.

Agreed. Some one at C4 should really have looked more closely at several of his other appearances & realised that he really warranted a specific feature on his own. It was a car crash & I almost felt sorry for her she was so far out of her depth.

Sometimes energy isnā€™t what matters. Thereā€™s a megajoule available from a Mars bar, after all, which compares quite well with a hand grenade (typically a few megajoules). The difference is you can get the energy out of the hand grenade a lot quicker (maybe milliseconds versus tens of minutes ?). The thing about the Marx we had was that it was fast. We could discharge almost all the energy in less than a microsecond. So the power output (for a microsecond) was comfortably more than the UK electricity systemā€™s installed generating capacity !

VB

1 Like

Alternative to an Io Ltd.

2 Likes

does it track as well?

5 Likes

Nice video of one of her sisters going up Miles Platting this morning with a Black 5 for company.

Far be it from me to reopen the controversy, but this is breaking news:

Feckinā€™ outrageous. Revolution time and heads on spikes called for!

Ah but does the head go on the spike or the spike on the head?

7 Likes

The Cornish rebellion of 1497 obviously succeeded in knocking some sense into the monarch of the time which was presumably passed down. Jam first but needs some salted butter below the jam. Only a savage would put the jam directly onto the scone.

3 Likes

Work that out as and when necessary. Loppings off are called for.

Exactly.

^^^ this is what we need to hear

Saw this beauty, 60163 Tornado, a Peppercorn A1 Pacific, on Thursday on a low loader on its way to Severn Valley Railway in Bridgnorth.

2 Likes

Can we take it as a given that when butter is referred to from now on it is of the salted variety? I know we have a few deviants in our midst but Iā€™m tired of pandering to their particular perversions.

2 Likes

I agree. Foo, goat or unsalted butter should not be condoned. Letā€™s not get distracted from the glaring omission of butter from Her Majā€™s scones altogether. Clearly a harbinger of the end times for the Monarchy. There is no recovering from an error like that.

Unsalted butter is only suitable for anal sex & even then wouldnā€™t be the first lubricant one should reach for.

3 Likes

In that context, butter first, jam, then cream.

7 Likes

Once youā€™ve chewed it a few times, it will matter not a fuck !