The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Decided on a whim at the hairdressers to have my head shaved (#2), now the baby looks even more like me

4 Likes

I once went to a presentation at a large UK telco for their latest Voice Recogntiion technology to be used over IP telephony. It bombed when addressed with a senior managerā€™s Estuary English.

Oh we laughedā€¦

1 Like

Apparently a real productā€¦

:astonished:

4 Likes

what Iā€™d like to know (or may be not) - is what were you searching for to yield that delight. Or are you proudly telling us that is yours?

Oddly enough it was on a FaecesBook page called ā€œAustralia - Remember Whenā€¦?ā€

It also had an advert for a ā€œLove Rugā€ :thinking:

I ordered a guitar off the interent last night from a company in London. I clicked confirm at 18:50.

It has just been delivered. :astonished:
18hrs

How they did that for a Ā£15 shipping charge is beyond me.

1 Like

Oh, and thisā€¦

last week Hermes delivered to my ā€œSecure Outbuildingā€ - which was a wheelie bin. This week they delivered to my ā€œSafe Placeā€

1 Like

When I worked for a smokery, and we also supplied goods to deliā€™s, we had a contract for shipping, that allowed us to ship 15 kilos, anywhere in the country for Ā£7.50.
CONTRACTS!!

Could your customers order at 7pm on a sunday evening and get it the next morning? It was from a small independent guitar company.

Thatā€™s the important bit, not the price.

1 Like

Juno are similar,ordered an LP on a Sunday night,arrived early on the Monday,god knows how they get them delivered that quick.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve mentioned before, I think, that Iā€™ve had deliveries from Texas with less than 50 hours between me hitting the ā€˜Orderā€™ button on Mouserā€™s website and the items being in my hand. To be fair itā€™s one delivery company (UPS) from end to end.

VB

1 Like

Two albums ordered last night at 1800ish both delivered at 1230 today. Free.

Not bad as deliveries go.

1 Like

Thatā€™s half as long as it takes to get through the first track of each album :+1:

9 Likes

Maybe theyā€™re trying to compete with streaming ?

VB

2 Likes

[getting in first mode] Or just trying to get rid of some shit music [end]

1 Like

Much respect to these two.

9 Likes

Nice to hear some good news for a change

1 Like

It seems like finding them was the easy bit - getting them back out is the real challenge.
Fingers crosses they find a way.

2 Likes