The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

My sister had her Land Rover Disco nicked from her driveway overnight last Thurs/Fri. Upsetting, given that she’s on a very busy main road in the Oxford suburbs. It’s electronic keyed I believe, and she had no other protection on it. But she heard last night that the police had found it, parked up in a street in Northampton. Apparently the felons leave the cars to cool off for a few days somewhere (not always Northampton) just in case there’s a tracker on them. If they’re still there after a week they come back, pick them up and set about exporting them. Anyway they stupidly didn’t superglue fake plates on it. She reported it quickly, the police designated it uninsured and a roadside ANPR camera clocked it sufficiently close to where they left it that the police were able to locate it. I think she was lucky though (except that she’ll get the Disco back, poor soul).

VB

@stu the eternal student, although posh mexican rice probably makes you a Russel group student.

2 Likes

Can’t remember if this was posted on here

1 Like

There’s genuinely a company that sells emu eggs??

If you’re of a certain age the last photo is brilliant.

1 Like

Don’t we all :roll_eyes:

Only the ones who aren’t still youngsters.

VB

2 Likes

^^^
:+1:

Thank christ, I thought I was Jim Morrison when I was younger. And I looked like him too . . . only problem was it was fat Paris Jim :grinning:

2 Likes

10 Likes

I was often mistaken for John Peel as a young man, despite the (lack of) accent.

And fifteen years.

Of course they are. It’s well known that Russians often travel to the UK for only a few days, stay in a grotty hotel in East London, and then spend two days travelling back and forth to Salisbury. And then fly straight home to tell all their friends and family what a wonderful time they had. Perhaps the Salisbury tourist board should sign them up as goodwill ambassadors to promote their wonderful city to all of Russia.

4 Likes

Needs more Pot Noodle.

4 Likes

And beer. More beer too.

1 Like

Seems to be catching

Feck’s sake. Pot noodles me arse

3 Likes

I’ve just rubbed my eye with a scotch bonnetty finger…FFS :sob:

In my defence I had washed my hands after slicing it up, just not well enough, obviously.

Anyway the Goat is marinating for the Loppers North curry.

just don’t do what I did and in my haste, mistake a Carolina Reaper for a Scotch Bonnet