The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Could you put a mini drone in it and fly it round St Albans?

2 Likes

New sculpture being commissioned, intallation date planned is 2020.

The Steel Man coming to a hill outside Sheffield

3 Likes

How big?

1 Like

32m, really quite big

1 Like

His heart is 8ft tall and currently in a shopping centre in Sheffield

Should be able to see it from my attic window

Cut costs use this Guy.

1 Like
5 Likes

Spent a lovely hour yesterday building a yellow submarine with both kids. It’s so rare that they play together, it was fantastic.

Now the yellow submarine is a temporary woodpecker coffin.

8 Likes

Discussion re school tomorrow. “Maybe we could cut up the woodpecker? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?”

2 Likes

Not sure that sentence has ever been written before.

8 Likes

We actually did that sort of thing at my (secondary) school. There was a biology after-school club where we disassembled stuff - usually roadkill IIRC. Quite a few birds. Plenty of rabbits. We got hold of a badger once although I can’t imagine now where from - the Lincolnshire fens have very little woodland cover and the flooding issues aren’t great if you live undergorund.

VB

1 Like

She won’t stay in bed now. She keeps coming back and asking if we’re “playing with her woodpecker corpse”.

You’re surname isn’t Adams by any chance? :grin:

1 Like

What have you done to that child in her formative years?

(remember to take lots of pics to scare off future boyfriends)

Google “woodpecker recipes”, leave the results visible on a device…

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that they were proficient cooks.

2 Likes

Buy her this book for her to read in 10 years time.

In the mean time read it yourself!

Still Life with Woodpecker is a sort of a love story that takes place inside a pack of Camel cigarettes. It reveals the purpose of the moon, explains the difference between criminals and outlaws, examines the conflict between social activism and romantic individualism, and paints a portrait of contemporary society that includes powerful Arabs, exiled royalty, and pregnant cheerleaders. It also deals with the problem of redheads.

2 Likes

Remarkable bird, the spotted woodpecker, innit aye? Beautiful plumage.

2 Likes