The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Just has too many different materials - far too fussy a design.

Needs a second platterā€¦

4 Likes

The mat looks like it came off a BD1

1 Like

Yep, if itā€™s better than an Anni, it should sound pretty special.

Iā€™m sure it will sound great,really donā€™t like the look of it though.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s what the design is all about.

Seen far worse.

1 Like

Seems like anyone who goes to Munich has.

2 Likes

Compared to some of the stuff at Munich itā€™s a bastion of aesthetics and good taste. I donā€™t think itā€™s actually that bad, but then most of the turntables people on here seem to like the look of look woefully dull / dated.

2 Likes

As opposed to too many platters :rofl:

2 Likes

Strangely thatā€™s what I see with the design of this TT. Like a DIY job of bits & bobs from the 70ā€™s & 80ā€™s with a sprinkle of modernity. The platter mat appears to want to spin back to the 70ā€™s. Glass, or whatever it is, reeks of 80ā€™s coffee table as do the space age legs that jut so flaccidly from the wood that looks like it wishes it was somewhere else. The ā€˜Enterpriseā€™ armā€™s questionable aesthetics seem to point towards a one night ā€˜nerdgazmā€™ rather than anything you might want a relationship with.

Itā€™s really growing on me. The more I notice in the design the more I can see how Arthur has tried to address every issue that can reduce sound quality. Those jutting out legs look like they form part of a very interesting suspension system and it wonā€™t be a mat but part of the platter. Any one fancy a guess the RRP sweepstake :heavy_dollar_sign:

Including the arm, Iā€™ll guess at Ā£14k

I would guess at Ā£35K including arm.

Will it be at Munich?

A certainty I would think

Can someone going please hunt it out and give us an opinion. :pray:

Indeed

1 Like

Iā€™ll go for Ā£10K

Ā£20,000