The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Lotus HiFi had the Dohmann t/t for sale. No problems.

Branko. He has, shall we say, a reputation.

New Yamaha GT-5000 turntable announced - me likey!

Little sad it’s belt drive and the straight, non offset arm is an interesting choice, but I suppose it is a nod to their own turntable heritage.

Still likey!

4 Likes

Interesting that they seem to have taken the Viv Labs approach to arm geometry with an underhang & no offset so therefore no need for anti-skate.

Looks good. How much?

The old Yamaha amps had a superb finish and it looks as though these are right up there.

http://i1.wp.com/wallofsound.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/49C6169D68754AFD960EAE55CD30A987_12075.jpg

2 Likes

It’s actually a method they took first. Back in the days of the GT-2000, you could buy two optional upgrade arms to replace the standard fitment YA-39 s-shaped arm. The YSA-1 was a conventional straight arm but the YSA-2 was slightly shorter and had no headshell offset.

You can see one pictured about halfway down the Vintage Knob’s Yamaha GT-2000x page here (the YSA-1 was standard on the GT-2000x):

1 Like

Dave, please either upload the picture, or link the url of the picture and let the forum render it. Not both. It’s driving me nuts.

And they’re speakers :wink:

1 Like

I hadn’t even noticed during my fist-shaking nerd rage. :smile:

3 Likes

L33t troll skillz

1 Like

Well I must be doing something wrong. Sorry I have upset people it’s not my intention I just want to download pictures which I could not do with Android.
So I bought a new Apple iPad. I click on the photo till I get Copy and then paste here. It worked on my old Apple iPad.

Hmm, if you are doing that and pasting in the photo it shouldn’t include the link I don’t think. Will test.

Thanks.

image https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/33442629/lick-her-shitter-like-an-apple-fritter.jpg

2 Likes

Fair play, that does add in the link as well as the image.

Does it do damage?

I have same problem with iPhone. I have a new Samsung tablet and can’t get the copy and paste to work at all. Seems to get stuck on the clipboard.