The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Also what is the premium of SL1000R over SP10R - about £6k? That’s a lot of It’s Technics Reasons.

£6k buys you the Acoustand plinth and leaves about £4.5k for an arm. Hmm :thinking:

Have you just answered your own question?

Only benefit if the full package will be the tolerances are likely to be spot on and it’s easy peasy set up.

As the internal vibration is low and external vibration is in part rather room dependent, I can’t see the money in a 6k plinth £ for sound. The Garrards need a heap of management but the technics are a different matter. I would be surprisedd if you could hear £5ks worth of difference between the technics plinth and a couple of 50mm layers of welsh blue slate.

4 Likes

I’d bloody love one of those Technics

Was talking to the Acoustand chap at Cranage.
He does a nice line of stuff,and all looks very well made

That Mk3 is at least £1.5K over priced, that is why.

Tri-planar, Graham or Reed will wipe the floor with the Glanz arm I suspect. My choice would be Tri-Planar.

The trouble is that people might pay near the asking for the motor unit second hand, but the plinth and arm will be 30% of retail.

1 Like

Planet Qvortrup?

I think it’s the magazine planet which tries to prop up advertising revenue by helping makers of obsolete kit maintain their turnover from ever fewer sales. Anyone remember the world in which consumer publications built their reputations and decent circulations by helping… consumers?

Transrotor Falcon.

1 Like

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

200w

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kind of like it.

1 Like

2 Likes

It has the shiny.

1 Like

Are you sure that this was the word beginning with ‘shi’ and ending with ‘y’ that you wanted to deploy? Surely you suffered a keyboard malfunction?

1 Like

It needs trebucheting into a volcano.

1 Like

iron-eagle-flag

5 Likes