3 Likes

Ah Hunstanton. Redcar wannabe.

More pics of the car!

i like it , is it cast iron ? heavy bugger if it is

Looks more seaworthy to be fair.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pork scratchings

Yes it is and yes it is. Even heavier now that it is half full of gravel :+1:
The local Carnival Pikie Master came to see it this afternoon. He reckons the local Pikies will leave it alone and if it DOES go missing, then I should contact him and let him “deal with it” :flushed:

1 Like

Having the squidgets. :poop:

Had a problem at Dad’s house as the bath wasn’t really draining. It was but incredibly slowly.
I hadn’t taken much notice as he doesn’t use the bath, (carers seem to do strip wash thing) and I only shower when I am there.
The other morning the small amount of water from the shower didn’t drain at all and I left it assuming it would go slowly and made a mental note to investigate further.
Anyhow Dad (90 with dementia) decided to fix it. For some reason he decided to turn the taps on full. He was baling out the bath into the toilet using the toilet brush holder (very small) but failed to turn off the taps. Bit like the cartoon of the bloke in a boat with a hole in the bottom baling like mad!
he flooded the place!

Any how needed to get the problem found and dealt with.
Called an old friend of my Dad’s who used to work with him and he said he would come and have a look.
After taking the trap apart and sorting out a leak he said the problem wasn’t in the bathroom. He looked out on the extension roof and saw a plant had taken root on the roof. He said ‘that is close the the waste pipe and roots night be blocking the pipe.’
He said he would come back with a ladder and some help.
He popped round this afternoon and found as he expected that the plants roots were the problem. He managed to pull out the root system.

17 Likes

Yep, that’d do it. Definitely a root system that.

1 Like

Triffid.

2 Likes

I thought it was an eel at first

1 Like

i think its fairly safe !!! last time i tried carrying one it was not pleasant !

you should go in the guiness book of records … thats extraordinary

looking forward to the opening of the kitty cafe ! [ not a dog lover , sorry !]

https://www.kittycafe.co.uk/locations/birmingham

1 Like

Out for a walk. A bit soon after last week’s, but I had a hospital appointment in Oxford, so two birds one stone.

There were deer on the way. This farmed bunch were prepared to pose for a pic

Then less than 100 metres down the path I came across a wild one

and cropped so you can see it a bit better

The pics were taken on the path between Nuneham Courtenay (whole village moved to where it now is because it was spoiling the lord of the manor’s view) and Marsh Baldon. I’ve occasionally wanted to detour off the walk so as to pass through the amusingly named neighbouring hamlet, Toot Baldon. There’s a children’s rhyme, apparently, listing a whole load of Baldons

Marsh Baldon, Toot Baldon, Baldon on the Green,
Little Baldon, Big Baldon, Baldon-in-between

But whether or not they all once existed it seems we’re down to just Marsh, Toot and Little now.

VB

10 Likes

Nice pub in Toot Baldon.

Now, keep the deer away from any roads. I’m off out in a mo.
Mind, I still have the loan car as mine is still awaiting parts :angry: