Today I have mainly been V2.0

I have a Strayan for that sort of thing. :grinning:

My wallet is feeling the pinch just a tad though as it is clear what my role is currently.

1 Like

I love those ‘not coffee table’ things too (I forget their correct name). They’re surprisingly practical for trays, albums and putting your feet up.

1 Like

Day bed?

1 Like

Helped a very cheerful parcel force courier spend a considerable time carrying a very large parcel all over a block of flats and shops before he found the right address. Well impressed with his patience as I would have blown a fuse !!!

A friend does that in the supermarket to ease the tedium.

1 Like

Buying tickets for the Scottish League Cup final and basking in the afterglow of Celtic’s victory over Leipzig last night. Tremendous game and a great night at Parkhead :shamrock:

1 Like

The old place looked not half bad last night :grinning:

Those new lights should come with a health warning - they look incredibly bright.

hangover…

After much protracted swearing at agents and vendors late yesterday afternoon, we have, this morning, finally exchanged contracts on our, soon to be, new home. Completion on 21st Nov.
Mrs Abbott already planning ahead and dreaming of a huge fuck-off Christmas tree for the oversized living room. I’m dreaming of the new year when I can get work started on the double garage to be converted to MY man cave - I will, of course, be asking all meat men for their input in to the best way to fuck it up.
I am never, ever moving again. I am now skint.

16 Likes

We missed the light show mainly because miserable old cunt reasons.

1 Like

Hmmm, this is getting interesting. I have just heard a rumour that us TUPEs will be given notice at the end of November. I assume I am one of those in scope. This could work out well if I play my cards right. A payoff and a nice, new job are possible, I reckon.

10 Likes

nice one , hope all goes well with completion

1 Like

Nice work. Good luck with the move.

1 Like

…saying FUCK! quite a lot.

Getting this room ready to be skimmed and painted prior to doing the floorboards:

Some gigantic knob-jockey has run a circular saw through the boards when putting in the radiator:

Now we have to pull a floor up upstairs to patch the fucker, which means relaying two floors to get the staggering in the boards sorted.

Feckin’ arse biscuits :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. It’s a good job I’m off the sauce or it would be ugly tonight. :rage:

Didn’t realize you were going 16A mono, but handy to have the hole precut. :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Those carpet grippers are really shit. You need better than that.

2 Likes

Managed to have a proper bus home tonight instead of dodgy Boris version.

4 Likes

Love the RMs. Spent hours on them as a teenager.

Me too. Moved to London back in 83 and my route the 24 had them for the first few years. Later on used to get the 3 and 159 to the Oval frequently. Now only get a chance like today or tube strike days. On strike days have also had RT’s.

In '83 I was working in Rye Lane, Peckham. Used to get the 36b from Grove Park. Took bloody ages!

1 Like