Today I have mainly been V3.0

But, you won’t have any students next year :laughing:

I gave the 997 an Italian tune up the other day.

1 Like

got loads, had 356 out of 361 expected taking an online exam this morning.

1 Like

Teams meeting 118 participants - :crazy_face:

Our friend is quite senior in overseas student recruitment for Cardiff Uni. It’s been decimated. Good job the city has thousands of delux student flats for rent at £850 a month.

It is very likely that it will be much worse than one in ten not turning up, particularly with PGT recruitment.

2 Likes

Thank-you.

Accommodation that doesn’t readily lend itself to other types of residential use. Plymouth will have the same problem.

Better weather today than yesterday so I took young Harry and dog on a circular walk on Dartmoor at the NE end of Burrator reservoir. We headed up a rocky track which gradually revealed fine views back across the reservoir towards where @stu took his pictures the other day.

Once you come onto the open moor it’s soon possible to see Crazywell Cross at the top of a rise to the North. It’s one of several ancient stone crosses that helped travellers by indicating the old route across the moor from Buckfast Abbey in the East to Tavistock Abbey in the West. Probably invaluable in Winter months up there.

From there to Crazywell pool, a well concealed lake that was excavated by Tinners but which has garnered various nonsensical legends such as being bottomless, having a vision that curses visitors at midsummer etc. There have been drownings but FoL#2 has swum up there in the Summer with his mates.

From there we followed the Devonport Leat which used to deliver fresh water down to Plymouth from the 1790’s onwards although now it just feeds Burrator reservoir. There is a quite spectacular cascade down the side of a steep hill at one point.

At its base we stopped for lunch.

I wanted to make a short diversion up to look at Black Tor and particularly a Logan rock close by to see if it was of the type that are so finally balanced they can be moved. This didn’t prove to be one of those but it was certainly worth a closer look.

Then back down to the Leat passing a recently deceased Dartmoor pony which we managed to prevent the dog from rolling on. It’s a pleasant flattish walk down from there through the woods to the car.
Quite a number of cars parked near the reservoir so plenty seeming to take up the invitation to travel to then exercise. Plenty jogging & cycling around the perimeter of the reservoir too.

23 Likes

Looks a lovely walk. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Slightly clearer than the other day
Think that’s me out of action for a while
Have no grip on my boots and dog pulled me straight into a ditch
Back and neck are fucked
On the plus side, the kids haven’t stopped laughing

17 Likes

Sounds painful. Hope it improves quickly, Stu.

2 Likes

GWS Stu. They do say laughter is the best medicine so your kids will be fine.

4 Likes

Hope it’s not too bad Stu. Take care mate.

1 Like

How’s the dog ?

Seriously though, gws and all that.

1 Like

I feel really bad now.

Hope you are ok though!

1 Like

Did Patch laugh?

1 Like

Pretty sure he did
Lying on the sofa with me feeling guilty

6 Likes