Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

Thankfully, you can’t wear them on your wrist, you’d be penniless. :grin:

2 Likes

Truth.

The watches (and hifi) have been displacement activities for drugs, mistresses and fast cars. Spend a small fortune to save a larger one!

TBH I’m getting a bit past all of it now… Horlicks and dogwalks now mostly.

1 Like

Thinking where did time go, 40 years ago today I walked into the Bath YMCA as a MOD apprentice. 16 years old and straight out of a strict navy based boarding school, it went pear shaped very quickly, thank God.

3 Likes

I still have my 201s. Not everyone’s cuppa but I like them.
May be after another pair though :grin:

Seems an optimistic price

whilst pondering staying overnight in London tonight, discovering I have enough points for a free room at a Hilton

2 Likes

Waiting on the side of the road as the mini’s gear change cable has just snapped… waiting for rac arrival time

…my boy is now getting seriously irritating because I won’t give him my phone to play games. It’s only been an hour and still no ETA .

I’m just waiting for his hunger to kick in

2 Likes

Waving goodbye…

14 years and a seriously brilliant car. Still mechanically sound, just got rusty… Reliable and took everything we chucked at it. Bought when we went from 2 to 5 and needed something to chuck us all in and all our gear. Shortly after we were back down to 4, so our early memories of journeys to Tommy’s in the middle of the night in the snow for an emergency, sit alongside lovely family holidays and everything in between.
I never realised how attached I’d become and feel kinda sad now! :sob:

30 Likes

My Dad won’t let his that he has had since 05 die. No rust though.

1 Like

No salt I guess…

5 Likes

Been in Long Eaton this morning with Sam, the SEDMC had a float for brass band to play on so we walked 5km along side taking money off folks and giving out leaflets.

Had a great time and the band were great.

13 Likes

Trying to work out how to raise a dishwasher 60mm to fit the new kitchen.

It’s an integrated dishwasher so any platform will be hidden, but all the pre made platforms tend to be thicker and nothing available this thin. So I think I will have to make something out of wood.

1 Like

Your kitchen fitter might have sat it on a couple of offcuts of 30mm worktop. Does 60mm allow for any vent space at the top ? Do you need any ? It might be worth bearing in mind that sooner or later most kitchen floors end up with water on them. If that will be a regular occurrence (say a stone or tile floor you’ll often be mopping) then whatever sits on the floor should be a bit water-resistant. Worktop isn’t the best for that, although shiny surface down and with the cut ends sealed with thinned-down Evo-Stik it should last a fair while.

Started bodge refurbishment work on our back door - scraped and wire-brushed, then sanded, and managed to get some much-needed wood-consolidant into the exposed wood/incipient rot before the rain started…

It’s going to be a temporary bodge until we can get someone in with some real skills to cut-out the rot and rebuild the frame so I can hang a new door that isn’t shit.

Expect an update about 5 years from now…

God I hate DIY…

1 Like

Or just put a blanking piece on the top of it?

1 Like

We have such a gap above ours - very useful stashing place for guns, knives, baggies of crystal meth etc. :+1:

1 Like

I know, I nicked it all last time I was around at yours :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

I’ve passed your address on to “Stabby Raoul” - he’ll be round tonight to collect what’s his.

And anything else he likes the look of.

Don’t lock your doors, that’ll just make him angrier.

And he’s already very fucking angry…

2 Likes

I don’t care, I’m smashed out of my face on all this gear.

:star_struck:

2 Likes

Prepping for cladding. Just the base strip in place for today. Have realised that with 6m boards and a shadow gap between each I am going to need 3 people to get this done properly so watch this space. Just don’t expect it to be completed any time soon :grin:

7 Likes