Today I have mainly been V5.0

Used to ride to regularly ride out to Stow and Bourton on the bike when I lived in Stratford. It’s a nice part of the world.

2 Likes

[shiver]

The other thing we saw just North of Chipping Norton was the extraordinary Bliss Mill which was designed to look like a stately home but which had to subtly incorporate a little chimney to provide a vent for the steam powered machinery within.

9 Likes

Feeling very Zen in the morning sunshine…

6 Likes

This here be Pagan

Small strips of cloth, ribbons or prayer beads are tied to some trees as a healing ritual or to wish for good health. These should be material that can easily wither away. Such trees are known as “clootie trees” and are usually found growing beside holy wells (also called clootie wells) or at sacred sites.

1 Like

Or just a bunch of students who have seen it on TikTok. Still, beats trashing the place with fucking padlocks.

2 Likes

You’re very much in my part of the world there. We did a bit of a road trip on the way to my mother’s funeral, staying at the places she liked to go, and did an overnight in the Porch House. I agree - there seems to be an awful lot of “oldest pub in the country” around. A bit like the best pint of Guinness in Dublin :laughing:

Here’s a butter-wouldn’t-melt 3 year old me at the model village in Bourton-on-the-Water

8 Likes

And again…

£649 now

Final prep today for a session I’m running for a pharma marketing team all day tomorrow at their HQ.

On the plus side I’ve worked with them for a while now and they have welcomed me into their team; also their canteen at the HQ is excellent.

On the downside - there will be a lot of difficult to pronounce drug names which will trigger my stammer and endlessly trip me up; also I have to leave the comfort of the home office, and be in the car by about 5.30am :weary:

1 Like

5.30 leaving time normally means up about 4.45
Bollocks to that, I would book a hotel and travel the day before

I know but there’s shit I need to do this evening which means I can’t travel.

Just refer to everything interchangeably as “sicky pill”.

3 Likes

Planting oak trees on Purdown. Now collapsed in front of coffee and cake.

9 Likes

30 posts were merged into an existing topic: Interesting Speakers

Getting a hair cut, fortunately there was a record fare just down the road :slight_smile:

11 Likes

First one since lockdown?

(Haircut I meant, obvs not record fair)

1 Like

Yep :slight_smile:

I think I prefer BoHoBob :+1:

1 Like

Driving mostly; S.Lincs to Richmond (N.Yorks) for lunch in a town centre pub then up the road to Alt-Berg for a boot fitting for me and Sam - £500 later and we’ve completed the journey to Beadnell.

Just now back from The Craster Arms after several excellent pints and a breaded chicken-breast slathered with jalapenos and goats cheese - albeit for an absurdly high price - the North has ALL the money now. Who knew?

Nice part of the country. My grandparents used to have a caravan in Rothbury, which was a regular childhood holiday.

1 Like