Today I have mainly been V5.0

Continuing the discussion from Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1) - #10056 by Gyroscope.

Previous discussions:

Just to kick it off…
Cunting fucking contractor who’s refusing to give me a. xer copy of their plan so I can rip it to shreds.
Spent most of the day explaining to my PM why this is unacceptable. And hearing his explanation of why I’ll have to accept it.
The day has ended with me telling said PM that I will not be signing off their programme and will be stating that in an email to him.
(Tomorrow I will, no doubt, be explaining the same to the SPM).
Fuck you nameless contractor (Th***s)

3 Likes

Yep :+1:

Cunts. Complete cunts.
The tail wagging the dog. And TfL accept it every fucking time. Boils my fecking piss :rage:

1 Like

I mentioned this to me wife, who replied that she simply allowed me to drink as much as I wanted and buy all the shit that I wanted. Then I realised that the age of romance is still not over.

7 Likes

Thinking about the CP I’m going to get when the good lady gets back on Thursday. After my pot hole filling adventures yesterday i was feeling productive so decided to put some feed with moss killer on the lawn. Considering my lawn is almost a 50/50 grass/moss split that was not a good idea. Look at the fckn state of this!

3 Likes

Nice that you managed to add 1st Base :+1:

3 Likes

Sorry, but that genuinely made me laugh out loud :rofl:

Blame it the cat from next door?

1 Like

Are those the areas under Russian control?

Wilko luxury lawn seed and a gentle sprinkle of top soil to cover.

3 Likes

If you need further inspiration…

1 Like

Some sort of earnest “omg look what I’ve done, can your genius help me to fix this?” thing would be my approach. Not guaranteed.

1 Like

You need @A_Touch_of_Cloth titchmash to give his considered veiw

2 Likes

Think that will do the trick? Someone who knows a lot more than me said I would need to scarify it all first, which sounds like hard work with a rake. That’s just the back garden, I’ve another 150m2 of grass to deal with at the front of the house

No chance. Frightening part our relationship is she calls me the brains of the operation…

2 Likes

Yes.
Won’t stop the moss returning. You need to get some grass growing and then control the moss by clearing thatch and aerating by a fork and holes.
If you scarify now it will look even worse, but I’d consider it at some point as it will help the grass improve.
It’s still cold so the topsoil will insulate the seed to some degree.

1 Like

Thanks. Will give that a go over the weekend.

If you want to kick start it pin some clear plastic over the worst bits to warm it up and keep off the birds.

1 Like

We use lime to control the moss in our croquet lawns.

Here’s my lower lawn, yesterday, out the back of the house. After obliterating the grass, as I removed bamboo rhizomes, I replace some of the turf and reseeded.
The bags are over the barest areas to just help it take.

1 Like

Oh, me too.

But what to use on my polo pitch?

3 Likes