Today I have mainly been V5.0

There’s one of those around the corner from our house. He goes for a (very slow) drive in it every now and again.

Parents came to Exeter to visit today. While bumbling around shops I looked up at some place that was some kind of create your own art shop, but it had a bucket in the corner with some toys to keep kids entertained.

I see about an inch of a leg sticking out and even though it’s not open I walk in and ask if I can have a sift through the box. They hadn’t opened yet so next week these “toys” would be in the hands of children

Anyway tldr scored one of the most fragile transformers ever made, 40yrs old, no yellowing and no breakage which frankly is almost a miracle.

Offered them £10 and they said they aren’t for sale they are just toys for kids. I’m waving a rare AF macross variant in front of them like you cannot let them play with this.

Worth about £80 after a cleanup.
They had more in the box but I didn’t have time to look bwah

2 Likes

It’s a toy. It should be played with. Dinky toys in the original box do my nut in

Probably has been. But to find one not broken when I know how fragile they are is really rare

Huge improvement on yesterday - lie-in, nice fry-up to kick-start the day, couple of hours exploring Ironbridge in the sunshine (first time for Sam and I), then hooked-up with @mickbald and his lovely collies at the very-excellent ‘Black Swan’ in Jackfield … four and a half pints later… and it finally feels like we’re on holiday.

YAY!

Cheers for the pointers Mick - looking forward to more of this!

13 Likes

Ironbridge victorian museum well worth a visit.

1 Like

Eley’s pies are very good.

1 Like

Well-served for Museums round here! We’ll be approaching Museums cautiously - two large, very-thick, dogs are not ideal visiting companions… Hope to do some of them though.

1 Like

Just started 3d printing an axe head for my daughter’s Wednesday Addams Halloween outfit.

Blists Hill does, although it depends on the dog attitude to massive shire horses. And, of course, whether the old style chippy is running as the beef dripping chips are epic.

Thats the one I was thinking of and you can have a good qualty leather belt cut to size and made for about £15. Cracking working museum.

Local food market, found a nice spot on the rocks to eat…. Unexpectedly nice all round

Jerk chicken

Pizza for the kids

15 Likes

Sat at the bottom of the garden watching the bats in the twilight.

10 Likes

Quite a lot of walking interspersed with quite a bit of this sort of a thing -

23 Likes

Morning from Stoke.

14 Likes

Dealing with OFSTED and massive amounts of derp, which for once are not connected. Yet…

1 Like

Bought some more gas for the camper van and portable burner at home. That’s cooking and heating taken care of when the gas outages happen over winter👍

Having a crown re fitted (It fell out) Nice big anchor screw bonded in to discover the new crown won’t fit. Chi is set to ‘low ebb.’

1 Like

Getting jabbed - Covid booster in one arm and flu in the other!

3 Likes

Had that last Thursday. Was intending to go to a gig in the evening, but crashed. OK next day.