Today I have mainly been

Meh, not a Volvo :wink:

1 Like

Spent the day working from home to allow the gas board’s contractors to run a new plastic gas pipe up the inside of the 50yr old metal one from the footpath to our gas meter.
It either goes to plan or it doesn’t. Chap up the road has had his drive way dug up as the new pipe got stuck on route.
The entire street looks like a building site, holes in the road and path all over the place.

Interesting to watch nevertheless and got a Gas Safe health check of the house as well.

nice , very nearly a birthday present !

Went for a run for the first time in over 10 years. Have only cycled for exercise in that time.

Only 2 miles, but the second mile was uphill. My legs are complaining. I thought walking 3 miles to the gig tonight might help… but the cider is helping more. Walking down stairs tomorrow will be interesting!

3 Likes

Doh, it’s a Auris, not Aris!

Being plagued by unshiftable procrastination and work avoidance :grimacing:

If only I could just fucking start!

1 Like

Bit late now? I’d just give up

Strangely I’ve just burst into life and bashed through about 70% of the stuff I need to get done.

Waiting on some-one else to be able to complete the other bit of work. Might throw the weight bench up and crank off an upper body workout (not a euphemism for lower arm exercise either :fist:) while I’m waiting.

Your choice of words, and preemptory protest gives you away

By way of contrast I started work bright and early and I’ve got a fair bit done today but I’ve been procrastinating about physical workouts since some time in late 1982 IIRC.

VB

5 Likes

twas my birthday yesterday

Lunch at Canto Corvino in Artillery Lane (highly recommended) with my lovely wife and aged parents

Untitled by Ben Bolton, on Flickr

then to Tate Modern to see Soul of a Nation exhibition (highly recommended too)

L1050847.jpg by Ben Bolton, on Flickr

then to Albert Hall to see 25 Years Later - the live show of Jools H’s show, celebrating 25 years - not a massive fan of Jools TBH but eclectic mix of Paul Weller, Foo Fighters, Van Morrison, Songhoy Blues, Dizzy Rascal KT Tunstall (and her one song) and a few other new talents made it a fun night (it’s on TV Saturday). Most impressive was the way they filmed it live: seriously complicated logistics pulled off without a single musician, camera person or grip etc getting mown down.

Knackered after all that.

10 Likes

it was a good show wasn’t it. We enjoyed it, although I am still not Paul Weller fan. Where were you sitting?

I was right up In the Gods - cheaper seats surrounded by a few Essex chavs who got a bit annoying at certain points.

It was a really good show; Van the Man was excellent and yes, Weller was dullesville - I used to like him a lot. Highlights for me - Songhoy Blues and Dizzy Rascal - latter highly entertaining, if a little incongruous in all that Victorian pomp. I liked the woman in the mermaid outfit too…for lots of reasons :grinning:

1 Like

we were Rausing Circle, looking down on the Songhoy Blues stage. We loved Songhoy Blues, and Dizzee. We saw Dizzee play a full set at Brighton earlier in the summer, and he was great.

1 Like

stair runner - my knees are tucked. I can only DIY standing up these days.

Picking 2Kg of Blackberries (hands & forearms in tatters) & then making Piri Piri rubbed chicken & two fruit cakes while watching the Utd match. Domestic goddess, me.

5 Likes

Seeing my eldest daughter for a day before she moves country and it costs me £300 to see her.

1 Like

USpent 2 hours driving to Lindisfarne for a 2 hour beach ride. Got there to find it had been cancelled as the horse box had failed it’s MOT and the fucking Jeremy who owns the place couldn’t be assed to hire/borrow another one.

He’d tried to tell us on our home phone even though we’d told “Judy” our mobile number.

At least he refunded the money and we had a nice wonder round Holy Ireland.

1 Like

I understand. My little one is contemplating a move to Aus in a couple of years. I will be devastated if she goes, but I won’t tell her.

1 Like

Having another stab at EQ-ing he 16A. (Well, my friend Tom was, mainly).

Sounding somewhat better then previously, so going to enjoy some music.

Also put shelf up for record deck. Yikes, may get to listen to some vinyl soon.

7 Likes