Today I have mainly been

Lovely day out. Music was a bit duff. Top thing of a poor line up was ‘A Place to Bury Strangers’ who were hilarious (2 guitars written off, drum kit demolished, show finished by guitarist leaping into the crowd and continuing to play).

There was nothing new musically. Black Angels were a load of poo. Had a really good time catching up with people and waffling. Being on the dry (and the merch/LP shop being rubbish) meant I spent less that £10 for the weekend. I shall make up for that on Discogs later in the week.

Looking forward to next year already.

3 Likes

Yeah same. I had only one nurse that could do a cannula for me, and then only in one vein in my left wrist. Getting the three day infusion was fun, as she just had to work up that vein a bit further each day!

I’d have wanted to see loop again.
Been a while!

1 Like

I saw them at an ATP a few years ago, having not seen them since a gig at ULU with Godflesh in about 1992/3. I used to see them almost monthly at one stage.

They now feature Hugo and Wayne from The Heads as the rhythm section. They were pretty good, but the duff light show meant that they played in pretty much daylight. Robert Hampson had a gob on and the sound mix was really shit at the start. However, it picked up as the show went on. I left at 12:30 as I was shattered.

I would like to see them in a nice sweaty little club with a decent PA, a smoke machine and lots of strobes.

1 Like

I got them to sign my Fade Out cassette sleeve, so it must have been late 80s for me.
I was barely sixteen.

Was that in Nottingham? I saw them play from really early on, maybe 1987 until they jacked it in in 1992. Always a good night out.

Feck off Yellow :fu:

wow htm , sounds a total nightmare , i had a go at cannulating for a while but absolutely hated it as the elderly have such frail veins . people make it look so easy but it isn`t , especuially if your veins are so damaged

Tower Bridge area now. Having another hipster beer in the Draft House. They’re starting to flag. I may be the last man/person standing :roll_eyes:

Delayed reaction? I take it that they got the job but you couldn’t respond until now as you were waiting for them to serve you.

I hope they short-changed you too. It is the Strayan way.

:smiley:

1 Like

I think bands like Loop are best left as they were - lovely memories undiminished by subsequently disappointing performances/ set ups.

2 Likes

Hull uni.

Where I was at school…

1 Like

That will be it with Olan.

Not an entirely foreign situation I believe.

Having too good a time getting people drunk and laughing at their stupidity. Remember what that was like ? :smirk:

preparing for armourgeddon this week !!

1 Like

No. I am a middle aged man. I am incapable of most things these days and forget most of the things I should be able to manage.

:disappointed:

Bollocks…

1 Like

And, for the record, the Aussies were dribbling wrecks by the time we called into the last pub for a nightcap. Fucking lightweights :joy:

Having a lively & noisy rear tyre blow out on the M5. Managed to limp up the Tewkesbury exit slip road before executing a perfect F1 style tyre change (!) having put the contents of the car (speakers, amps) onto its roof to get access to the spare.

6 Likes

Good job it wasn’t an Astra, you would still be in orbit

2 Likes