Today I have mainly been

I remember paying £2 - 19s - 0d for a Blue Star Garage battery for my Mini in the 60’s.

1 Like

Is this for the £400 (:joy:)LED desk lamp they do?

And it’s a generic Chinese wall wart? Does it have some kind of proprietary connector or something that stops you getting one for a fiver from eBay?

Replace the all wart for £5, chop off the existing cable and attach to the £5 one?

TBH, I don’t buy anything Dyson, as it’s shit quality.

2 Likes

I think it’s basically one of these

The only question is 2.1mm or 2.5mm plug. With my shot eyesight and a ruler it looks like 2.5mm to me.

We’ll see if Dyson suggest anything after my “eh heh, there must be some mistake” regarding the £60 replacement. Otherwise it’s worth a £10 punt on eBay.

edit: I just plugged the PSU from a WD USB disc into the lamp and it works fine. So it’s definitely the wall wart that’s buggered. Just need to find the correct plug gubbins :+1:

I’ve had German companies send stuff over for free when I have no proof of warranty on something that is a fraction of that overprice. Dyson: style and marketing over quality and service. Nice.

Louise really likes their cordless vacuum cleaners, the last one lasted about 4 years before it broke. Dyson wanted sill money to repair despite me moaning. So I put the dismantled pieces in a box and posted it back to Dyson asking them to dispose of it for me. Although it cost me a small amount of money - it gave me a great feeling of pleasure.

Louise still went out and bought another one which seems to be ok for the moment. Although it is crap (yet unsurprising) the tools from the old one are incompatible with the new one.

Go straight to CPC and save yourself even more

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pel00401/ac-dc-power-supply-12v-1a-2-5mm/dp/PW04115

They do free delivery too if you spend more than £8 excl VAT. Maybe they have both sizes of plug ?

VB

1 Like

Absolutely perfect, cheers

You make my point perfectly! :slight_smile:

whilst it is qorking it is a very good machine, they just don’t seem to have any longevity - but perhaps 4 years is what is to be expected?

I really struggle with modern consumer goods. I know that cheap crap will last 1-4 years, say, but then the expensive stuff may be five times the price but only last 2-6 years. Buying new crap then makes sense, financially. Even the stuff that is expensive and allegedly repairable isn’t warranted nearly long enough. And nobody gives a fuck about customer service as we all just want cheap or flash and buy on that basis, so why would they add in cost that nobody cares about?

World’s going to the dogs

1 Like

Back at work :frowning: and catching up on a week of emails that no one has checked or done anything about! :angry:

My Miele vacuum cleaner is 20 years old and still going, used twice a week in a big and biggish houses with dogs and stuff.

1 Like

corded I presume? we prefer cordless

I prefer working.

10 Likes

Yep, our Miele cylinder vac is 16 years old and still sucking as well as the day we bought it…and it’s been bounced down the stairs several times!!

Clearly an unsafe working environment. Expect a H&S inspection imminently.

6 Likes

Who now want to know if the light is in a personal home or a business address.

More than a little bit weird. Maybe it has a different setting for business photons.

1 Like

Miele here as well. Never a problem

You have to go full potato on vacuum cleaners