Tory psychodrama runners and riders

Nobbled by greed.

Possible plan:

1. Get his people in a cabinet so they are in the news over the next few months.
  2. Get one at least into the run off.
  3. Swing the media back channels so the rank and file gammon vote for them.
  4. Get rewarded with a nice cushy ministerial job, preferably with a house attached.
1 Like

Mordaunt with her right wing libertarian backers in the US & their plans to create unregulated fiefdoms around the country, aka Charter Cities.

Last time we tried that it didn’t work, shall have to go and find some info on it.

Is there a precedent for that? I know leaders of the opposition have went on to become ministers after losing the leadership of the party but I can’t think of any actual PMs. Suppose precedence makes little difference with his track record so far but I’m not sure his ego could take it. House of Lords most likely.

I’m going to start crowd funding for a sniper

7 Likes

P&O’s owners have already adopted the required employment model.

Isn’t this a Sunak pet wank as well?

How this ‘works’ is how it always demonstrably has:

1. Work-out who will be the most unthinkably awful, spiteful, bigoted, corrupt, incompetent, yet cretin-friendly option.

2. Wait for Murdoch to endorse them.

3. Yay! Leadership!

As with any kind of minority pursuing a job, they will have to be conspicuously nastier, more spiteful, more hate-filled, toxic, and generally loathsome than the middle-aged white males to achieve success.

Priti Patel has to be a strong contender on that basis.

7 Likes

Sites within Plymouth have been chosen. South Yard, Sherford & Langage.

With minimal thought and interest I’m guessing the Bodysnatcher will get it.

I want another leaver candidate to get it.
2 more years of everything getting worse might eventually tip the scales that brexit really is shit.

2 Likes

Problems with that are not just that things will get worse, but likely irrevocably worse.

We’ve painted ourselves into a corner with Brexit - if we rejoined tomorrow it would be on significantly worse terms than we had before we left. It would undoubtedly also involve a multi-£billion ‘security deposit’ from us to ensure that we wouldn’t do it again, compulsory Euro-adoption, and the EU would maintain an ongoing ‘punishment regime’ of assorted unfavourable terms and sanctions to continue to hammer-home the message to other possible leavers that Leaving comes at a huge cost…

No matter what, Brexit is in-place for at least our remaining lifetimes - C21st politics are a popularity contest and have no contact with notions of either democracy, nor what is actually good for the cuntry as a (w)hole. Reversing Brexit would be hugely unpopular with the minority of the population that bother to vote. Hence Starmer/Labour’s apparent spinelessnes on the topic…

TL;DR - we’re fucked for decades to come.

2 Likes

Yes,I think it will be the proverbial oil tanker turning to get back to it,and not a quick decision to try and return.

1 Like

Personally I’m hoping for an extremely dirty contest where they rip lumps out of each other

1 Like

I think it would be done X-Factor/Love Island style, the public can vote (!), that’s how these things are decided these days isn’t it?

3 Likes

We perceive this to be the case but- while the winning candidate in the last three Tory leadership contests has been unappealing, they have not been the worst in any of them (don’t forget Leadsome stood in both 2016 and 2019 and Raab did in the latter as well).

Meanwhile, interviews are underway at tory HQ…

“This fantastic news for Plymouth and South Devon will result in the unlocking of millions of pounds worth of funding for the region. It will encourage a resurgence of economic activity with businesses more inclined to open in the area, creating thousands more jobs and bringing vast investment into the local community.”

I look forward to promenading the streets of Montyplym err Hong Dong err Oh fuck it this shit will not come to pass. Has anyone who has created such a mind fart been to Plymouth?