TT upgardes

They are also releasing a 9" model that differs from the time step

Yes, TS is ti as standard along with silver tonearm wires, the GM does look lovely and that TT is very special!

The issue for me is the spindle to pivot distance is one of the key differences between the arms, the GM is longer. TS have made each of their sizes a drop in replacement for Jelco’s meaning in my case I don’t have to faff around having a new arm board made.

Ruprecht, is that your TT? (noticed the weight), looks like a Koetsu on the arm, I’d be interested to hear if you or the owner had had experience of other carts on the arm.

I’ve had the IO ltd, Spu’s and other heavy rakes on there. I would say a few customers are using the GM with Hana’s and they seem happy.

That’s good to know, many thanks

any idea if the 10" would be too heavy for a Voyd?

The thing about hats is you can only use them one at a time. It’s more than a shame, I’m fucking livid! Decided to give up Vinyl for lent and bask in the ferocious beauty of death hats

6 Likes

I see 9 hats and a doorknob

1 Like

You need to clamp your wallet mate…:wink:

I don’t think those belong to Matt :grin:

1 Like

No, in that case, apologies to Matt. must be some other cunt then :grin:

2 Likes

It’s OK, I do like hats, they’re magic

1 Like

I tip mine to you sir!

5 Likes

I remember that 1970’s Shaw Bros. kung-fu movie Chamber of the Ferocious Death Hats. A classic of its type

Funnily enough I’ve never tried a TT hat, so many mixed reports

Progress made. MJ kindly lent me an ML and after looking at Timestep and Jelco’s TK range I went for a Funk arm. Arthur built it to Jelco 12" geometry for me for a straight swap on my plinth.

The ML is fuller sounding than the AT33ptg in my system, it fleshes out the mids and lower freq in particular. The Funk adds a fair step forward in clarity, surprisingly so, lots of great reviews from users that I’d echo

That said I’d happily live with an ML on the Jelco and was surprised at how good the AT33 sounded on the Funk, so much so I had to quickly revisit the ML which did show it’s colours. Again I could happily live with Funk/AT33 combo but the Funk/ML are better as you’d hope given the significant price differential.

Haven’t played a cd in weeks

7 Likes

That looks gorgeous !

Now if Funk did an arm to Rega geometry, hmm.

They do, in fact they’ll take a Rega and turn it into an FXR which sounds pretty much the same as the FX3 by all accounts

You wouldn’t happen to know the cost ?

Lol! Buy! Buy! Buy! Mike!

He’s going to end up in debtor’s gaol at this rate, if we keep prodding him in the right direction.:rofl:

It’ll be OK @Rob998; I saved a fair bit not buying a pair of Primes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t know the upgrade price, it’s not listed on their site though they were talking about it as if it was still an option when I spoke to them. FXR is £1300 I think, pretty close to what you’ve saved not buying the Primes by the sound of it?

I did see a couple pop up on audio-markt at circa £650 but they appear to have sold quickly