Ugh, estate agents

VB

with quadraphonic sound!

From Wayne’s potential mansion money pit to caravans.
Not the normal thread drift, we really must try harder

1 Like

But likely he’ll be living in one until the money pit is finished, if ever.

2 Likes

I fucking hate self catering, villas and shit

1 Like

Tents ftw.

1 Like

I think that there might be a significant element of kids / no kids influencing people’s preferences here.

I loved camping before I met Louise. She hates it.

My very last camping holiday was 3 weeks in Syria, 1 week in Jordan and a week in Lebanon

Not quite true as I took Louise to Turkey for our first holiday- week on a boat, 3 days camping then 4 days in a hotel

1 Like

Were you working for an NGO?

1 Like

Gourmands sans Frontieres.

7 Likes

nope - it was a holiday. I have camped in parts of the NW frontier in Pakistan, and in Gilgit.

I bet you feature on a couple of MI watch lists. Not that that means they know anything, whatsoever, about you

I spent the best part of 12 years travelling for work to those places, and a long list of places east of Europe and into west Africa. Those trips were J class and where possible 5* hotels…so my idea of a holiday was locking my shit in a hotel storage room, and go walking and camping or B&B/guesthouse where I could.

The only place I had difficulty trying to find out whether I could camp was Saudi Arabia, which I couldn’t, which I found somewhat ironic. I did manage a few days organised camping in Kuwait. I didn’t bother camping in India, but did take plenty of time out during my 50 odd visits.

I remember coming home after 6 weeks away in India and Bangladesh to be greeted by Louise, who joyfully announced a top notch 5* J class holiday to Thailand, and I didn’t want to go; I was so sick of long haul and flying and 5* - I wanted to drive to Scotland.

These days I have learnt to like and enjoy understated comfort, but my hatred of flying endures…

These are the only J class anything I am familiar with!

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t know what J Class is either

Really should be in the ā€œBeautiful Thingsā€ thread as contenders for the most beautiful man-made objects ever. Full stop. :heart_eyes:

In the 80s I saw Valsheda and Shamrock V up close a number of times, both on and off the water. A J class under full sail is a wonderful sight.

2 Likes

If you have to ask, it’s not for you :-1:

And back in the room :upside_down_face:

Got a couple of offers on the other house so will now spend the rest of the day browsing more dilapidated ruins, fast cars and shiny things.

2 Likes

I hope (and I’m not saying this in a snarky way) that the promised stamp duty ā€œholidayā€ doesn’t spanner any potential deals.

It seems an excellent way to kill the market dead for now by promising that you’ll pay a lot less in a few month’s time.