Ugh, estate agents

The market will just flex to the new arrangement, sellers will just charge more.

I am hoping it doesn’t scupper deals at the moment, hopefully my buyers will
A) get first time buyer Stamp Duty relief anyway
B) be so pissed off with living with their parents they have already moved ‘in their heads’ and won’t want to delay

Comes under the first time buyer relief at the moment?

Not a scooby - I just saw the headline and thought it sounded like a bad idea.

Hopefully it’s not that dumb.

So how do I pick a conveyancing solicitor then? Just pick one at random and hope? Go with the cheapest cos they’ll all fuck about anyway?

Message @akaYoda and use him. Excellent work when he did our house, and none of the usual bullshit.

4 Likes

Yoda.

1 Like

I’m happy to give it a go :+1:

6 Likes

My view on solicitors for this type of thing is to go on personal recommendation. You have your answer already.

1 Like

Yep, we used Mike Yoda for the recent selling in Ilford and buying in Norfolk. He does what it says on the tin. :+1:

…and despite it being drawn out for months because our buyer couldn’t get his act together, Mike didn’t charge a penny more than his (very reasonable) quote. :smile:

1 Like

Will I need a suit?

Have some pretty clean trainers, and some work trousers from Lidls, admittingly the work trousers have a small amount of white undercoat on the rear, but pretty respectable from the front.

1 Like

All done on line these days Stu.
Don’t worry about work trousers you can do it in your pants

1 Like

[quote=“Jim, post:210, topic:8632”]
He does what it says on the tin. :+1:

Actually it’s all done by robots but they aren’t too good at measuring garages. :wink:

4 Likes

Immediate stamp duty holiday.

@crimsondonkey, @Kevin - quick, raise your prices!

1 Like

Too late, offer accepted.
But I am also now a buyer so those greedy bastard sellers better not try anything :rage:

3 Likes

Where are you buying?

Horns so big they have stamp duty.

8 Likes

Remember when @Gyroscope was looking to move and asked about areas local to Brighton & Hove and I sneered at all his options as being shitholes?

Those places :+1:

11 Likes

I almost suggested that you might be looking in Saltdean and then thought better of it :grinning:

We went to visit family there at Christmas. I really liked it.

1 Like

Do prices vay much from Brighton and Hove, to say Haywards heath?