Ugh, estate agents

Imagine what the heating bill will be on that.

We’ve had a day of showing around removal Co reps/surveyors today - getting quotes for the move to the bungo. :grinning:

When we moved from Ilford to Norfolk, we had the luxury of time. We completed and took possession of the new place, but as the next door neighbour bought the old house and we had arranged with him for the daughters to continue living there until they could find something smaller, there was no pressure to move out immediately.

We transported all of the small stuff in several runs in the Panny and Ann’s Fiesta, then hired a Luton van for one day with two labourer lads for the big stuff. For reasons, this was a bit of a disaster. Low cost maybe, but stressful. :smirk:

This time we have the classic one day completion job - vacate by 1pm, move into the bungo the same afternoon. So the question for all of you relocation experts is:

Pay the removals co for wrapping/packing, or do it ourselves. What say you?

1 Like

This, with the exception of hifi/records.

3 Likes

As yer man says :point_up_2:

1 Like

Let them pack it all. Full responsibility to them.
It’s not like you are going to be moving again, soon.

2 Likes

I’d get them to do it all.

1 Like

Pay them to do it all save for the delicate stuff. I packed our turntable, optical stuff, instruments and delicate large clocks. These were transported in the cars. But let the removers do the rest. They are unsentimental and get on with it. They have done the job countless times and largely know what they are doing. But check everything at the new place. Our last but one movers dropped a sewing machine, broke the case and the machine bent but we didn’t discover this for some months by which it was too late to pursue them with any realistic prospect of success. So be diligent.

1 Like

The only things they won’t need to pack…because they’ve not been unpacked yet! :sob:

3 Likes

We’ve had to move twice three years ago (house - rental - bungo). Used the same local lads (30+years company). Would never use another firm.
Fuck doing all that shit on your own.

Paying for someone to package up all your shit and move it is the single best use of money ever. Never do it yourself.

4 Likes

We used this lot

Very conscientious and helpful, I remember that you have had good home insurance in the past which should cover the move and save some money, about ÂŁ300 in my case.

I was so impressed with the lads I went to the hole in the wall to get them a healthy tip.

If they break your stuff don’t blame me! :rofl:

1 Like

This.
Tip the team cos they deserve it.

4 Likes

Yes, Hamiltons were one of the firms today :+1:

1 Like

Comes with a personal recommendation by BoJo and a 25% discount if you use the code “GETTHEFUCKOUTOFNO10YOULYINGCUNT”

5 Likes

Two lorries of stuff. Must be a hoarder.

One for his stuff, one for his ego

1 Like

No fucking chance of shoehorning it into one of those! :smirk:

I hope they walk round and count up the paintings and ornaments before the trucks leave.

2 Likes

?

4 Likes

Nah, all the mothers told them he died in the war rather than who their father really is.

1 Like