UK Hifi Show Live!(!) Anyone ever been?

Worth the effort? Anyone been before?
I’ll head to the one at Daventry next month which is local to me, just wondering if this would offer anything different, maybe a better class of free pen?

I used to go when it was on the Beaumont estate in Old Windsor. It’s put together by HFN’s Paul Miller and back then there was quite heavy involvement of Ricardo Franassovici from Absolute Sounds. It was a nice day out and you could hear and see some good stuff as I’m sure @murrayjohnson and @BobC could confirm :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Apologies, misread the post. Yes, this one used to be at Windsor

1 Like

Yes, there was always some nice kit available, AS did rather rule that roost. Have a memory of some chap buying some expensive kit at the show, wheeling his Porker up to the front door, loading it up and off he went :grin:

1 Like

Ascot is just down the road. The new racecourse Grandstand is quite a building (No idea about acoustics) but it does offer a whiff of high end I guess.

1 Like

Windsor was a bloody rip off
I went with Simon one year when Guy was exhibiting using the Uccello speakers.
A pot of tea for two was about a tenner iirc.
The Harvester next door was full of exhibitors who didn’t like the hotel prices

1 Like

I presume they’ll be using the private boxes as most of the grandstand is open plan

1 Like

Enjoyed my last visit to the Ascot show. Looking forward to attending Sunday my first show since 2019. Impressive building. No long queues either

1 Like

How disappointing. I preferred the Scalford muffin which wasn’t so gauche as to be priced.

If you have to ask …

Pens & tee shirts. All we need to know.

2 Likes
1 Like

Lol epic fail

I got this mail out from O’Brien yesterday.

I will be there all weekend, provided the soverign doesnt pass, please pop in and say hello if you go visit the show

3 Likes

Tempted - not been to a show in about 7 years now.

1 Like

Wonderful venue easy parking and a really enjoyable show
There on Sunday

I’m going on the Friday.

Well, I was going on the Friday…but its press day and no tickets are available. I can’t make Sat or Sunday.

1 Like