Ultimate amplifier

If they were to turn the camera around and take a pic you’d see lots of crying children and men running away.

Did you get the part of Michael Fabricant in that new Ch5 political drama?

2 Likes

And if so, who then got the role of Fabricant’s hair?

Fabricant’s hair auditioning for a part in the upcoming James Bond movie

3 Likes

I found that wig years ago behind a hot water cylinder. Once we had poked it with a screwdriver to make sure it wasn’t something living… much hilarity was had.

A personal fav was putting it in an unsuspecting apprentices toolbag or in the sleeve of their unattended jacket. :slight_smile:

One thing I have learned tho … is that everyone will try it on. :slight_smile:

With a view to giving them a surprise or to getting them into all sorts of trouble with the g/f ?

VB

Surprise for sure.

Well this didn’t go down that well!

Sorry if I caused offence, certainly wasn’t my intention. I love how far of thread this has got since I posted it though, gave me a good laugh this morning.

To answer a couple of the questions though.

It isn’t Chi-fi, it’s just my attempt to bring these modules to market as cheaply as possible, with a good feature set. Those who have bought speakers and parts from me in the past know that is my reason for being in this business. I can’t stand all the expensive mark up bullshit.

The cooling fans only come on if they need to, the control circuit is intelligently designed. Yes, Class-D is much more efficient than other classes but if you had say 6 X 500 W modules running full pelt that would pull nearly the whole 13A from you wall socket. Even if they are managing 80% efficiency into your load that is still a lot of heat, just a good idea to have a fan that comes on if things get a little warm.

Yes, Nord do a similar thing, in fact the cases are from the same place. I’m trying to provide something that is a little less DIY in its execution without signal path switches and provides as much functionality as possible at an even lower price.

No valves sorry :grinning:

Sorry to have offended the collective commercial sensibilities, as I know quite a few of you here, and other members had bought DIY projects out as small commercial projects, I honestly didn’t think you’d mind. I’ll crawl back into my hole.

Stefan

2 Likes

You didn’t offend Stefan. This is standard AA response. You couldn’t possibly imagine the reaction if the hornets nest was truly offended :grimacing:

8 Likes

Should still have asked first,

No!

But nothing like bumping the thread :roll_eyes:

Personally I think it should never have been posted in the first place, just a fund raising attempt for a commercial venture from someone who doesn’t normally contribute anything to the forum that is not commercially related.

Good answers!

Except for the one about the size and illumination of the power meters, obviously.,.

2 Likes

And the fans.